Meet my rat"TEA"s

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a most wonderful treat!!!! Look at that smudge on Zen, what a beauty!! They are all so beautiful... especially EarlGrey, with a name like that, you know he's special. :heart:

Thanks for the compliments, but OMG! :thud: I just noticed that Rooi's got a chunk taken out of his ear! :gaah: What kind of mother am I? I have no idea how or when that could've happened! Don't rat's ears bleed when they get injured?

Gorgeous photos of wonderful ratties! It's great to see them thriving. I wonder if Rooi always had the chunk out of his ear. One of SQ's dear departed ratties had a chunk out of one ear, and I read somewhere on the Forum that some breeders mark baby rats that way.

By the way, do you make your own hammocks? I was admiring the ones with orange fleece on the inside, Dollarama rust with autumn leaves on the other. Very nice!

Godmother said:
Gorgeous photos of wonderful ratties!
Awwww shucks - Godmother, thank you!
Godmother said:
It's great to see them thriving.
I'm especially proud of the fact that they now stampede to the front of the cage to greet me instead of ducking for cover like they used to do. Little Mokka (formerly known as Timbit) is starting to turn into quite a little shoulder rat and will clambor on me and climb up to "his perch" of his own volition! :heart: I think he's secretly trying to steal Earl's throne! :giggle:
Godmother said:
I wonder if Rooi always had the chunk out of his ear. One of SQ's dear departed ratties had a chunk out of one ear, and I read somewhere on the Forum that some breeders mark baby rats that way.
I'm going back to have a look at the old Rat Train threads to see if that might not be true. We just never noticed it until I uploaded those pictures and the first thing Natalie said was, "Mum! Someone's taken a chunk out of Rooi's ear! :sad3: I honestly don't know when it could've happened to him! Dog ears bleed rivers of blood when they're injured! Don't rattie ears bleed when they've had a bite taken out of them?

Godmother said:
By the way, do you make your own hammocks? I was admiring the ones with orange fleece on the inside, Dollarama rust with autumn leaves on the other. Very nice!
Godmother - I couldn't sew a button if the future of the world depended on it. I had the hammocks you were admiring custom made by the tailor who does alterations at the local dry cleaner's. :lol: It's Dollarama autumn leaves lined with solid, pumpkin coloured fleece, I picked up on sale at Fabricland. But since then, I've found a sugar glider lady who does WONDERFUL work!! I'm going to have her sew me cage sets out of all the Dollarama fleece patterns I use as liners. If you're interested, I'd be happy to send you her contact information.

I'm off to study all previous pictures of Rooibas to see if I can get to the bottom of this. :tracks:

Rattie ears don't bleed all that much, they are paper thin and even the rats barely notice when something's split on them.
I find it adds character. A few of mine are sporting the very popular gangsta hole in the ear look. :giggle:

Back