Meet my rat"TEA"s

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EarlGrey

Hey everyone, my name's Natalie & these are my beautiful boys!

007.jpg

008.jpg

This is Earl :)

006.jpg

Tazo :)

011.jpg

Earl, Tazo, Chai (in the back)

001.jpg

Earl (in the back), either Tazo/Chai on the cage (can't really tell from this picture)

So these are my boys!
Earl is the grey/black one, hence the name Earl Grey :)
Tazo is one of my Siamese boys, Chai is the other.
Chai's nose markings are a bit broader than Tazo's.

They seem to like their cage (and my room) very much!
They've come a long way since when we first picked them up, when they're out & about playing they always like to run to me just to see what's up :D It's adorable, really!

I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who helped me out, especially my mom and Elizabeth! I am immensely grateful :D

** More pictures to come very soon!

:love7: Squeee! Those are my grandratties! After much nagging, EarlGrey's finally gotten around to posting a proper intro! Are they just not the most delicious little boys you've ever seen?!?

They're like buttah!! Just looking at them makes me verklempt! :lol:

EarlGrey said:
001.jpg

Earl (in the back), either Tazo/Chai on the cage (can't really tell from this picture)

Looks like Chai to me! ^_^ I think so because his nose color goes to his eyes, it looks like Tazo's eyes have a ring of cream around then keeping the point from this eyes ^_^

Looks like I've been studying your handsome man-rats! Couldn't help myself! They are just too handsome!!

Willow Bean said:
EarlGrey said:
001.jpg

Looks like Chai to me! ^_^ I think so because his nose color goes to his eyes, it looks like Tazo's eyes have a ring of cream around then keeping the point from this eyes ^_^

Looks like I've been studying your handsome man-rats! Couldn't help myself! They are just too handsome!!

I don't see it, Willow Bean! ! I've studied them and studied them until my eyes cross and I still can't tell them apart, not for love or money! It's very embarassing! I feel like such a failure! For now, they're "the twins". Hopefully their personalities will start to shine through soon and I'll be able to distinguish them that way, but for now, to my eye, they're identical! :cries:

Edited to say that this is PiedPiper not EarlGrey, I'm on her computer now and forgot to sign her out! :giggle: I'm sure she can tell them apart just fine! :shock: At least I hope so!

starfoot said:
Welcome both you and your gorgeous rats!! They really are handsome... I love the alphabet jigsaw foamy thing you've lined your cage with!!

:lol: The "interlock" was EarlGrey's idea! We put it down at dinner (it makes for easier clean up) and then take it up again when the feeding frenzy has quieted down. I was wondering what you all thought about leaving it in their cage? I dunno, I've noticed that they've started to chew it and my concern is that it's unsafe. Do ratties ingest what they chew? :shock: I sure don't want them swallowing any of that foam? Or is it just the gnawing action that gives them satisfaction?

No, they don't ingest it. They have a flap of skin that closes off so they can chew and spit.
We give ours sponge blocks... they are non toxic and for babies so I would think they are safe to leave in the cage.

jorats said:
No, they don't ingest it. They have a flap of skin that closes off so they can chew and spit.
We give ours sponge blocks... they are non toxic and for babies so I would think they are safe to leave in the cage.

Oh, phew! That's good to know. Putting those blocks down really makes the middle floor of our R695 a breeze to clean while we wait for our javakittie liners to arrive - a quick wipe down and voila, we're good to go!

Aww shucks, lj! Thanks! And they're very quickly becoming little men, not so much babies anymore!

Glad to see you finally made it over!

:welcome: to the Shack!!

:happydance: For months and months now, I've been enjoying pictures of everyone else's rats, well today, I finally took the bull by the horns, picked up the camera, took loads and loads of very bad shots of the rat-TEA's and coerced Natalie into teaching me how to upload them to the computer and attach them to this post! I really have a newfound respect for all of you who regularly post pictures. Taking good pictures of rats who are busy buzzing around going about their business is damn hard! :giggle: Please forgive the horrible photograpy, but without further ado, here's the moment you've all been waiting for, may I have a drum roll please .....

This pic is of Rooibas, one of the Liverpool boys who along with his brother came to me via Dahlas and Holly on the Rat Train in June.
003.jpg

Pardon me, I believe that's MY filbert! I beg to differ, that's MY filbert! Rooibas and Zen (one of Clark's boys who also arrived via the Rat Train) discussing the rightful ownership of a filbert treat.
012.jpg

Tazo. One of the big-TEA's who we adopted as a baby with two of his brothers from Mumsy in February. Tazo and his brothers turned one at the beginning of this month! :D
020.jpg

This next one is of EarlGrey. My heart. :heart: :heart: If not for him, it's doubtful the baby-TEA's would be living with us today!
029.jpg

Big, handsome, sweet Chai. The third and biggest of the big-TEA's.
032.jpg

Three of the baby-TEA's, Mokka, Zen and Rooibas(Keemun was in the bunkhouse and couldn't be persuaded to come out fer nuthin'!)
044.jpg

And last but not least, a shot of the two brothers Mokka and Zen (Clark's boys).
053.jpg

And there you have it! :D I finally did it! I think I'm starting to get the hang of this so stay tuned for more photos of the rat-TEA's!

Back