Maddy sad UPDATE: PTS a few minutes ago

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godmother said:
Because I am worried about pain, I will give her Metacam. It's a tough decision, because that could increase the bleeding. I don't want her to suffer.

I know I felt the same way..Hugs to you. My girls looked horrible for a few days but they pulled through fine! hugs to you and keep her eating and drinking. I think i was told to give mine b-12 or what ever that was, it is in green veggies. Hopefully someone will correct me.

She had crawled into an empty kleenex box in the cage, and I took her out and got a little bit of Metacam into her. She doesn't want anything, though. Maddy just gets frightened when I take her out of the cage. She makes aimless attempts to get away, using her precious energy, so there is no point me trying to cuddle her in a blanket.

Eventually I put her back in the cage in a bigger box with a soft clean cloth on the bottom. Her sister joined her in there, so I think I will leave things be. They are together.

She was still alive this morning. When I went to take her and Lexi to the vet, I found the three girls sleeping snuggled together.

Just got a call from the vet. Maddy has an inoperable tumor back near the bladder. She is being euthanized as I write this.

RIP, sweet Maddy. I am at least grateful that your suffering was short lived.

I will post her a memorial tonight

Back