Loss of hair

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm not sure if olive oil would work for mites though. I know for a fact it works on lice, as i've used it myself for treating a nursing mama, and her week old bubs, but i'm thinking it might not work on mites....
and if there's nothing to "see" then it's not lice, as lice CAN be seen by the naked eye, and mites cannot.

Olive oil will NOT work on mites, only lice. It does sound like she has mites though.

Is there any way you can do some extra chores around the house (or even in your neighbourhood) so you can get together some extra money to go to the vet again?

If she's already been to the Vet then she shouldn't need another appointment to get some revolution. Just call the Vet and tell them she has mites and ask for a single tube. It shouldn't cost much more than $10 for one tube that will treat at least a few rats to several depending on which type of revolution you get.

They may need to see her if the mites are not related to the reason why she went to the vet in the first place. IF they were mentioned at the vet visit, then i think it would be a whole different kettle of fish.

Good luck, i hope you manage to get her treated for it

Back