Look who's moving in today!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG!!! WKHFWHBWVKSDNVKLSDNV!!!
She is BEAUTIFUL!
I have two dogs, a hound/pit and a Pit Bull. Such sweet hearts they are. :)
I work in shelters with Pits (I work with the abused/harder to adopt ones), I'm pretty obsessed. Haha.

Rats and Pits seem to just click. They are both VERY misunderstood, so my obsessions kind of collided. Haha.

Snapped this picture this morning of the little Tasmanian Devil :laugh4:

6274038433_c6dd173a42_z.jpg

"Did I kill another toy? Nope, of course not! You got nothing on me!"

Now that she's feeling better and eating 1 1/2 - 2 lbs of meat every day she's nothing but trouble :cheeky: She still is in the XPen most of the time though as she needs to rest and heal but it's turned into a party den. When outside of the pen she runs just about non stop.

She's gotten a lot better in the 3 weeks that we had her... she's now at a good weight, her legs are getting stronger, she's becoming more coordinated. She's met 100 people (as per Ian Dunbar's recommendation... totally works!) so she's turned into a social butterfly who will run after people if they don't stop to say hi. She loves other dogs, loves cats, loves bunnies... She's basically house broken, sleeps through the night up to 9.5 hours without an accident.

She does have a good application in but right now things are on hold until she goes back to the vet in about a week for more xrays etc but if she's on the right track then I think she'll get spayed and will then be off to her forever home. If not then she'll come back here. She's a lovely dog :heart:

LOL the ears.. That's always the first thing people comment on when they meet her. Sometimes one will stand up, then the other, then both, then none... crazy ears for sure but oh so adorable!

I can't believe how much she's changed in 3 weeks! From a malnourished skeleton to an almost normal puppy :joy: She actually has thighs now! She was 14 lbs when she came to me, she's probably about twice that now and she's at perfect weight now. Her coat changed so much, it used to be dry, rough and brittle... Now it's smooth, soft and shiny! We're starting to build muscle!

She's going back to the shelter/vet early next week. Spay and xrays/follow up. Depending what the xrays show she may or may not come back here. I guess it depends what the potential adopter says about the results and long term prognosis. If that adoption falls through, she'll come back here until she does get adopted.

6289367066_d5e09b4ca3_z.jpg

6288847695_b14691203f_z.jpg

6288848251_9d3754862d_z.jpg

6289368566_48f56f3c0a_z.jpg

6289369142_e58fe358f7_z.jpg

6288849751_65bb0341b8_z.jpg

6288850203_b78a028946_z.jpg

To be honest, I have not seen many pitbulls that I thought looked good... but wow! She is one of the cutest dogs I have ever seen! I don't know how you can let her go after everything you've gone through together. If she had been in my home for 3 weeks and on the road to recovery, I would have filed for adoption the moment I heard someone else was interested!!! :heart:

Good job!!! And please get more pictures before it's too late... :sad3:

Oh no...what will the shelter do? Will they do the surgery? I love that pic of her with all the stuffing....she looks like such a sweet puppy. Hope everything works out for her....

Shelter doesn't have the money. Shelter manager is sick to her stomach. I told her I would find a way. I'm waiting to get a quote from the vet and then I'll think of ways to raise the money. She's a very special dog and she deserves that second chance.

It is from when she was hit by the car, the injuries weren't apparent in the initial xrays but showed up very clear in the follow up xrays yesterday. The first side needs to be done asap or it'll lead to long lasting complications. Then the second side will get done when the first side is healed (~6 months).

I thought it was going to be a quick 1 month foster and then we were going to do some renovations. So much for that :wink:

So Bully Buddies, an amazing local Pit Bull rescue I foster for (Amber was through them, as was Jake and Kira) stepped up and took her under their wings. I'm forever grateful to them especially since they are trying to take a much deserved break and the main person isn't even in Canada for the next 6 months. It is such a big relief to know that she will get the surgeries she needs.

My husband and I are so impressed with Bully Buddies that we've decided to try and raise all the money Pickles needs so that the awesome folks can enjoy their break without having to worry about where the money comes from.

Pickles has her own website now where you can keep track of her journey:
http://picklesisinapickle.wordpress.com/about/

Back