Look what's living under my shed!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god. That thing is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Truthfully... wow. So white and the black eyes and the red..... just wow. I don't know about you guys, but I have NEVER seen this... critter(Does anyone know why they developed that kind of fur? Must snow a lot where you live, is it to disguise themselves in the snow?) in my life, even on a picture. I want them at my wedding. o.e <3 <3 <3

We haven't seen him since that day. :(
In a way, that's good I think. I really like our chipmunks and squirrels. I'm sure our dogs must have scared it away.
Smilez, I don't know if they'd go after cats, I think they are more opportunistic hunters. If your cat was hurt maybe it would attack it but a strong health cat who is also a predator... I doubt it.

Ermines are too small with regards to cats. One family member in the weasel family *does* go after cats though, and that's a fisher. They're one of the few animals able/willing to attack porcupines, but when cats are around... well, cats don't have spines. >.<

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_%28animal%29

We had one go after our barn cats once - problem was, they live in the forest and they're so incredibly fast, that only birdshot would stand a chance of maybe wounding them if you happened to see it. It did move on, thankfully - probably heard me making a lot of noise about what lovely things I could do with its pelt once I caught it...

Sorry. I do love ermines and mink, but fishers... they just drive me crazy.

M0onkist said:
Ermines are too small with regards to cats. One family member in the weasel family *does* go after cats though, and that's a fisher. They're one of the few animals able/willing to attack porcupines, but when cats are around... well, cats don't have spines. >.<

That's good to know. I was a little paranoid since I read/saw that they can take down a rabbit.

M0onkist said:
They're one of the few animals able/willing to attack porcupines, but when cats are around... well, cats don't have spines.
Bah, hah, hah! I thought you were saying cats don't have a spine - I was like WTF? Of course they do!
QUILLS! Got it now!

Gawh! So cute :3 we got at least one each year at the orphan rehab - they are TEENY as babies! But no less vicious. If you squeaked at her she'd race around her tank wondering where the prey was LOL

hmmm now I want to start a thread for my rehab...

Back