Lilspaz Rescue and Hospice - CLOSED and under QT 03/12

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilspaz68 said:
Does anyone want to know who is really sick? Or will that be too upsetting if it is a favorite? :sad3:

I already know one of my favorites is really sick :( Poor Em...

I think you should make a list, so people can prepare themselves... I know many members get VERY attached to other members' rats!

:hugs:

I had no idea ..... hope you and the ratties are all able to hang in there.

More info. is always good. then people can choose for themselves if they want to read about who is sick or not.

:hugs:

Knowing is better than not knowing. We all have our faves among your ratty crew.

I am so sorry to know this is happening to you. I guess it was inevitable that anyone who had a large rescue would face this kind of problem sooner or later. that doesn't make it any easier. We hated seeing it happen to jorats' and her family, and we hate seeing it happen to you. It is such a helpless feeling.

I will send you some stuff, and all my hugs and best wishes.

I'm really sorry to hear about all this :( I'll be making a bunch of hammocks for you and sending them your way. Give all the ratties hugs and kisses from us! :hugs: Hang in there

I just love this Family of Ours!! Country Club or not. :wink2:

OK I am medicating about 40 rats right now, but the really severe ones are;

Jaffa - 18 mo, she's on rescue shots (dex/gentocin), been on it since last Monday, seems to be slowly getting better...
Jaffasickfeb18.jpg

Emily - 20-26 mo??, one of Steph's rats, but she has had issues with chronic URI, she's not doing well at all, she's been sick for about 4 days now
Emilyfeb20.jpg

video for people who can stand it (chelle don't watch!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fkh_7la3AM

Carina (yes my beloved Snake Biter :cry3: ) - she seems to be responding then starts gasping again :sad3: , started up yesterday morning
Carina3jan23.jpg

Maline - IS responding, 29 mo, fat, chronic URI, started yesterday evening
Malineoct10.jpg

Jaffa is actually living with Carina and Maline now...which is a good thing.

AS for the others it ranges from a mild URI to bad congestion, crackling, wheezing, gurgling...watched carefully for any other change in symptoms.

Marley, Hera and Havarti all had one injection and now are on oral meds and doing better. Milly is rough but is on oral meds, not quite bad enough to be on injections.

Talty - living behind my pillow on my bed, comes out to say Hi, drink water, nip me for food (owww!) and NO seizures.
Tepeu is also doing amazing!! :thumbup:

At least there's some good news mixed in with the bad... go Talty and Teppy!

You told me not to watch that video but I did anyways and now I'm crying. :(

I wish there was some miracle cure, I wish there was more we could do...

xxchelle said:
At least there's some good news mixed in with the bad... go Talty and Teppy!

You told me not to watch that video but I did anyways and now I'm crying. :(

I wish there was some miracle cure, I wish there was more we could do...

I have been apologizing to each sick rat, it's horrible. I am sorry Chelle, Emily is something special. :heart:

I am so sorry! I know this is probably out of the question but can you take the healthy rats and move them as far away as possible? I am just rattling my brain here trying to figure out some way to help. This is devastating. I always love looking at your photos and I am in tears thinking about the poor little babies! And Jaffa!!!! My favorite , the most beautiful little dear , reminds me of my Sophee , I pray her and all your ratties recover. If you need anyone to just talk with I am here and please keep us updated on what might have caused this :hugs:

They have all been in the same airspace sadly, so there's no way to separate at this point. It seems to be more when their immune system fails and to what extent. :(

But thank you for your thoughts. I shall give Jaffa a kiss from you.

Oh please do! I just want to kiss the furry forehead!!! :cheeky:

And it is a shame that they are all going through this ...but they are in it together and they know it. Maybe it brings them comfort having so many others to curl up with.

oh goodness! how absolutely terrible! i really hope you find out what this "something" is!
kisswes to all the sick little ratties (after throughly cleaning my lips after each kiss, of course), and hugs to all the non-sick ones!
i will keep my eyes open for cheap baby cereal, and i can attempt at making some sort of hammocks.. although i usually just clip pieces of fleece up, no sew.

good luck to you, and hang in there! i don't know how you do it, but you're doing a fantastique job!!

sausage4ever said:
Sending healing vibes to them all esp. Gavin...
So sorry Shelagh :hugs: I hope they all pull through

Gavin is cuddling up to Emily and keeping her company...he seems good right now.
I can reach into a cage, and put my hands over them and feel the URI or the bad symptoms...he's good :joy:

I am so sorry Shelagh! You must be going out of your mind with worry. Sending loads of healing vibes to you and the many, many fuzzbutts in your care.
dl
:heart:

Back