Lilspaz Rescue and Hospice - CLOSED and under QT 03/12

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carina!!! :heart: Sweet girl will never lose her spunk. The Bridge didn't feel quite ready to handle her.

So glad that you got some stickpokes to post more photos!! :joy:

So those particular kids are going to be hanging out with us still and you are going to be hanging around with the same retinue? Good
(well way more than good)

lilspaz68 said:
Here she is ready to bite anything that comes near her cage :giggle:
Ligeiareadytobitefeb28.jpg

Does she bat her paws at anything the enters her cage or does she just lunge right in with a bite? Mine bat things away with their paws cupped like that... It entertains me for however long they are willing to continue doing it.

No batting for this angry girl, just a lunge from nowhere (she moves fast!) and a strong bite. As soon as she's outside of her cage, she's meek, a bit nervous and very sweet. I kiss those ravening jaws once she's out :) She's cage aggressive...poor bubber.

It's just beautiful to see the pics of everyone looking chipper, and ready to fight -- I can't believe Pez chose right now to zonk out like that on you -- evil little beastie, geez -- I can't imagine her sleeping so soundly, definitely an oddity I'd be interested to see up close. Very weird, and scary! Gah - I can't imagine how hard you're working to keep everyone stable and well, but...keep it up 'cause you're obviously working miracles with these sick ones! One foot in front of the other... :hugs:

People can have absence seizures. Do you think that might be what Pez had? I think that absence seizures are a 'petit mal' seizure, and more common in children. Many are undiagnosed, are of no real consequence, and the kids grow out of them.

I'll have to look into that when I have more time and brain cells. :wink2:

Well let's see...most are improving, some are maintaining, Milly is getting more and more congested :undecided:. Talty is still seizure-free. Poppy has finally stopped her incessant sneezing but is totally blind from her cataracts.

Poppymar3.jpg

I think I finally have a handle on Ligeia's wretched congestive noises, the THS girls only have one serious crackler. Rory recovered well, the Sugah's still scare me but seem to be okay for now. The babies are GREAT! Molly Wolly and her Wildie family are still Ugh. Wolf the wildboy nailed my thumb this morning when i was trying to medicate a wildie inside the lining of the hammock.
*note to self: Coffee Before Medicating the Wildie Cage*

Lyssie is still with us with her PT. :heart:

and on to the really good stuff.
Carina...oh my lovely girl is BACK. :giggle:
Carinamar3.jpg

Jaffa isn't really crackling at all anymore, and I wasn't sure she would ever get better. :thumbup:
Jaffamar3.jpg

Maline is still icky, but very bright, happy and alert. She LOVES her cuddles and bruxxes up a storm...30 months old and holding. :lol:
Malinemar3.jpg

And Emily IS the best news of all!!! She has little squeaky noises in her right lung and NONE in her left!!! :bliss: Now I just need to put some meat back on those bones. :D

Emily4mar3.jpg

Emily1mar3.jpg

yes Emily, we all love you. :heart:
Emily3mar3.jpg

AW! I love that last photo so much!!

::HUGS:: I'm cheering you every step of the way, Shelagh! You're doing such outstanding work... I'm in awe of you, hon.

Looking good, sounding great, just proves that all your hard work is paying off. :thumbup:

I'm so glad things are looking up over there, Shel! And you have so many heart-stealers in those pictures... Argh I'm so happy to hear so many of them are doing well!

HURRAY! :bunnydance:

This is AMAZING news! :bunnydance:

I was always under the impression that these kind of viruses were pretty much death sentences, no questions asked....it's great to see that with enough dedication and work and love you can pull through with minimal losses....

fenshae said:
This is AMAZING news! :bunnydance:

I was always under the impression that these kind of viruses were pretty much death sentences, no questions asked....it's great to see that with enough dedication and work and love you can pull through with minimal losses....

I am lucky, I have things I can do to save the worst, but I likely would've lost a LOT more.

On the possibly gone list;

Smoosh, Wispa, Marley, Hera and Quark, Brulee, Maline, Carina, Jaffa and Emily for sure.

In a weird way, it was a good thing it started at my place, as I am able to deal with sick rats immediately unlike a lot of others and recognized it right away from prior research and others experiences as well as my suspicions.

lilspaz68 said:

Smoosh, Wispa, Marley, Hera and Quark, Brulee, Maline, Carina, Jaffa and Emily for sure.

I'm so sorry Shelagh. I know a lot of your kids improved but it's still hard to lose the ones that didn't. :hugs:

victoria said:
lilspaz68 said:

I'm so sorry Shelagh. I know a lot of your kids improved but it's still hard to lose the ones that didn't. :hugs:

Oh no!!! Victoria all of these are well!! BUT if I hadn't pounced and given them the rescue shots they would likely have been dead. Another person who doesn't have my resources may have lost them.

Back