Julia's spay went fine!!-chewed stitch repaired successfully

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glad to hear she's doing better. They sure can be evil about those stitches, aye? We've had plenty of ratties that had to be put in collars. Nobody is happy there!

Did you vet have you put her on antibiotics? Once they have to go back in and redo stitches or they get a hematoma, the risk of infection is high. Usually a good round of Baytril or Cefa does the trick. :)

Get well soo julia!

Godmother said:
I dread having to do that, though, after the experience with SQ's Noah. Poor Noah was so freaked out by his burrito that he spent the whole night leaping vertically in a vain attempt to remove it. SQ heard his little head banging against the top of the container and she had to give in and remove the burrito.

the whole night? not exactly ...
after a few minutes of him banging his head, (he was in the hospital cage next to me,) I had to take it off ... it's been a few years and Noah has long since passed but I still feel so guilty ... poor little guy ...
Although he had previously ripped his incision open several times, he was fine once out of the horrible burrito.

Glad Julia is doing better :thumbup:

different rats will probably have different reactions to the burrito. chancey took the burrito pretty well. he sulked and milked the indignity for all it was worth but never tried so hard to get out of it as to possibly hurt himself. in fact he was perfectly fine with it until he noticed that you were looking at him. then he would flop over and huff and if you didn't pick him up then he would get up, wobble a couple steps closer then do it again. and i know it was all an act because when he didn't know you were watching him he motored around in it and ate just fine. but if he saw that you were watching him then he would do the flop or make you hold the food for him while he ate it laying down in your lap... he was such a baby about it all... had me trained rather well but he was still a baby! :p

Back