Julia's spay went fine!!-chewed stitch repaired successfully

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

I am so relieved. :joy: She had her surgery this morning and was already running around spilling her food dish by the time I called at 11-ish.

Why can I never stop feeling guilty when I take a rat in for surgery? :wallbang:

I'm glad that she is fine, happy that her chance of mammary tumours is reduced, so sad that she had to go through this. She let me pat her and kiss her good luck, so I hope that she will forgive me.

Oh I am so glad to hear she is doing well. I feel so guilty when I drop off one of my furbabies for surgery too. I walk around the house, holding onto the phone, dreading a bad news phone call lol. So far, for me all have gone well :)

Great news godmother. I am so happy for Julia.....little Dorey is going to be spayed on Thursday. I have already started to worry.

She's continuing to do well, and she is trying to get out of the container every time I take the lid off to attend to her. So it's about time I took her back up to her own cage.

Her appetite is good and her incision is looking great (wish that she would pay less attention to it, though), so I hope that she will forgive me.

:heart:

So, Dahlas, tell Dorey that everything will be OK.

The naughty girlie... when I came home today something did not look right. She had a little protrusion about the size of a small melon ball. She was not in obvious discomfort... was running around like a little whirling dervish, as usual... but I called the vet to check.

He asked me to bring her in. Her incision was herniated, probably because she chewed out the central stitch or link between stitches. She was put under very briefly for a repair job and I was able to take her home 1 1/2 hours later.

I do hope that she doesn't do the same thing again.

The little monkey has done it again, I think. The vet used a different stitch method when I took her in the other day, so we were confident that things would be OK, but she had a little lump this morning. :gah:

I dropped her off this morning so that they can have her for the day if needed. Might have to take twitch's advice and put her in a burrito! I dread having to do that, though, after the experience with SQ's Noah. Poor Noah was so freaked out by his burrito that he spent the whole night leaping vertically in a vain attempt to remove it. SQ heard his little head banging against the top of the container and she had to give in and remove the burrito. I can see Julia being like that. She is a squirmy little girl and needs to be on the move all the time.

Good news! I took her in because I wasn't sure, but the swelling was minor and was a result of her having the repair job the other day.

All is well. My sweetie is back home now. :heart: Poor thing had to stay there all day while I was at work, so I gave her some nice porridge as a treat. She is now in the playpen, very happy not to be confined to a small space.

She is one lively little miss, probably making up for all that time in the tiny hamster cage. I am going to have to get her with some young and lively friends soon. My other rats are either elderly or sedate, except for Hilda.

Back