Jazzy Had Her Babies!!-Pg 15 The End of an Era Jan 11/12

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely pink babies!! :heart: Jazzy is lucky to have you. It's nerve-wracking the first time with baby ratties, but I think that you will love the experience of watching them grow.

Is Buddy handing out cigars?? :lol:

I wish you luck in finding them good homes.

Jazzy has 10 babies ... they are very tiny ...
It looks like there may be three girls and seven boys ...
Nine of the babies have light eyes, the dark eyed girl looks darker then her siblings.

Jazzy does not have promanent nipples and none of the babies has a good milk belly.
Jazzy has not been eating much, hoping that the situation will change now that she is starting to eat more.

Jan24Jazzysbabies.jpg

ten, two day old babies .... (They were born early Friday (Jan. 23) morning)

Jan24babiesonedayold.jpg

Jan2410littlebabies.jpg

Jan24Jazzyinthemartins.jpg

Baby Jazzy, the new mommy ...

Jan24babymamaeating.jpg

Baby pile ...

Jan24babypile.jpg

These babies are going to need good homes .....

They are so adorable.......well lets see what we can do about finding good homes....
I will foster some boys if you need me to when the time comes to seperate them...and if it helps I will pay to neuter two....if anyone is interested in two neutered boys......

i wouldnt worry about milk bellies as they have them in the day one pic that joanne posted. momma is prob in heat when you were there and she seems to ignore babies for a period but will go back to them just fine.

The girls were born late Thurday night/early Friday morning, so even though I call this Day 2, they are probably only 1 1/2 days old:

The line up:

JazzysBabiesDay2AWP.jpg

JazzysBabiesDay2BWP.jpg

JazzysBabiesDay2CWP.jpg

And today's pictures, day 3. I tried offering them some soy baby milk, and none of the babies were interested, so it seems like they are OK even if they don't have big milk bellies. I had an eye dropper and even put it in one little boy's mouth, and he didn't suck on it at all. I tried it on their lips and didn't get a response. The peeping is getting louder every day, so it doesn't seem like they are too weak to peep.........

JazzysBabiesDay3AWP.jpg

JazzysBabiesDay3BWP.jpg

I put Jazzy in the big cage with her sisters for a break, but she just paced and snuffed at me while I picked up and snuggled the babies. I'm glad she's interested because 24hrs after birth she tried to chew her way to the other girls.
She is eating more today. I made her instant oatmeal last night and she ate a lot of it. She also had the soy infant formula as the babies didn't seem to want it.

I wouldn't be giving the babies any soymilk or supplement, they are growing and looking good to me. Mom must be doing a good job. And it's very normal for mom to ignore the babies at times.
Mom could use the soymilk or even Ensure to help boost her eating.

I think she means soy baby formula ...

Jazzy is taking good care of her babies but ...
What about the lack of milk bellies?

I'm starting to get worried .....

The babies are a good color and don't look frail. They must be feeding at some point. With the three litters here, for Daizy we were worried for a couple of days there wasn't any strong milk bellies either. I wouldn't worry just yet.

I agree with Jo, the babies look typical weight to me, and those milk bellies come and go. What Joanne needs to do is wait until Mom has been feeding them and then an hour later check for bellies.

I went crazy about the milk bellies with Sweetie, but the bubs were fine, even runty Pez :)

Baby closeups make me very very happy. That little dark one is so cute! It's surprising that there's only one, though.

Back