JARRS (Just A Rat Rescue and Sanctuary)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you heard of them doing owie stretches with PT? Or do you think the mammary tumours could be causing it? I just gave her Tramadol .

Have you heard of them doing owie stretches with PT? Or do you think the mammary tumours could be causing it? I just gave her Tramadol .

I've never heard of owie stretched wiht PT unless there was anohter issu, but I don't have a ton of experience
I would think the mammary tumors might cause pain depending on what they are pressing on.

does the tramadol make rats sleepy? maybe she's just tired. she looks very peaceful in that photo, no sign of any distress
I hope she can stay comfortable til the very end

Kona always seemed in pain to me w/his PT. I too put him on tramadol which seemed to help the head pain and he had a painful uti. No owie stretches either. I hope she gets better - if not, she does look very comfortable.

Tramadol can make them sleepy. I just want her to be comfortable. She is breathing a little rapidly but otherwise looks comfortable. I think she will be leaving me in a few hours. I am keeping her hydrated and gave her a last desperate injection of dexamethasone. I figure, she's dying anyways so it's worth the risk.

oh I am so sorry she seems to be leaving you soon ((((((HUGS))))))

so sad. but relieved that she's comfortable and that you're able to be with her

She's leaving. She's agonal breathing at about 30/min. Very cold despite being on a warming pad and very limp. Bye bye sweet girl...sorry I only got to know you a short while.

oh I am so sorry. she certainly touched a lot of hearts this past week or so, and you did so much for her, I'm sure she brings that love with her on her new journey, where she'll have all the tastiest noms she could ever want. Sweet precious lady, thank you for sharing her with us.
RIP Lucy.

So sorry Sheldon! She was beautiful and those 10 days were probably the best of her life. Knowing love and care! Now your Sheldon has company she can brag about her mom with at the bridge!

I'm sorry you didn't get to spend more time with her. She seemed like a lovely soul and I'm so glad she passed feeling loved and cared for.

Back