JARRS (Just A Rat Rescue and Sanctuary)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheldon

Rataholic
I think our North Texas rescue needs its own thread.

This is Lucy. She is if unknown age but is old. She has a couple of small mammary tumours and suffers from PT. She has an insane zest for life though! We don't know her background because she was abandoned alone in a box outside a PetCo. One of the employees took her home and contacted us.

She is sweet, loving and cuddly. She likes any human or rat she meets and wants to be friends with everyone! My mission is to give her as many phenomenal experiences as I can before her passing. Today (of course she loves food) she tried tikka masala. Afterwards she looks like she had traveled through Cheetos land. Very incriminating look! It will be time for a mini bath when she's had her fill.

View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420399278.655763.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420399302.058224.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420399309.787227.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420399316.957466.jpg

What a precious girl - people suck!!!! Who can abandon a rattie, and a nakie!!!! Thank goodness she is with you now... Maybe Sheldon had something to do with that...

Oh my goodness doesn't she just run the show!
I'm glad she will spend her days with you Sheldon, she got the best miracle ever.
How people can treat any animal let alone one as smart and loyal as a rat live like that is beyond me.

I know how you feel! Tabi got her tail bitten several times when I left her with a couple of the young ones. I ended up separating them and starting intros all over again. And months later I am still doing intros - common play time - because she is not comfortable around them yet. However, the scardy boy Toby I just got was a very easy intro to Tabi and now they are living together and he is in the intro mix too!

Wow y'all. 3 days on dex (Bromo started) and she can walk straight lines, doesn't fall nearly as often, and is using her left hand and right wrist to hold things. She was pressing things to the side of the cage and just nomming it as best as she could. Her eyes are not as bugged out either.

I think I'm going to cry...

Back