Isa and Dusa - Surgery Today Update 5/16/13

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilspaz68 said:
apr6Dusa3.jpg
She looks so happy! I'll bet she's excited to be able to move around so easily now. Hugs to the beautiful ladies, I'm glad they seem to be recovering well.

Nominate for RPOM! Seconder?

I bet she's thinking 'how the heck am I gonna walk without those under-belly saddlebags?' Yay Dusa!!

On that point, has the walking stance changed at all? I know it was a very delicate, slow, ghastly wobble when the tumors were still in her, but has her skeletal/muscular structure been seriously changed by their existence and position?

M0onkist said:
I bet she's thinking 'how the heck am I gonna walk without those under-belly saddlebags?' Yay Dusa!!

On that point, has the walking stance changed at all? I know it was a very delicate, slow, ghastly wobble when the tumors were still in her, but has her skeletal/muscular structure been seriously changed by their existence and position?

She has no strength in her hind legs which makes her walk a bit weak in her hind end but she's pretty normal overall...I'll get a video of her scuttling around soon :D

:joy: Yaaaaay for Dusa!
Is it me, or does Isa look a little less worried in that last picture of the two of them together? :D

ChrisK said:
:joy: Yaaaaay for Dusa!
Is it me, or does Isa look a little less worried in that last picture of the two of them together? :D

You noticed that did you? She usually had a worried, tired expression on her face and now its bright, alert and when she's relaxed its soft...she's THRILLED with losing her "demon": LOLOL

Haven't been able to come on here since I left work on Friday night... what a good news!!! Yay Dusa!!!! :joy:

There are some of us who who kept thinking "I can't wait for Shelagh to go to the vet" and then immediately switched over to "OMG, I wish she doesn't need to go any time soon!" :giggle:

Then you posted about trying surgery on Dusa on Friday, and I for one went :joy: :dance: :joy: . And doubled that when I read a few minutes ago that she really was home and definitely happy!

You girls deserve it all! :nod:

lilspaz68 said:
Jenny said she was almost going mad, especially this past week when I was trying to sort out the money for Dusa's surgery and worrying about it LOLOLOL

I know... :cheeky: This was torture for her... poor Jenny!!! But I'm proud of her, she was able to keep the secret to the end!!! :lol:

Unepuce said:
lilspaz68 said:
Jenny said she was almost going mad, especially this past week when I was trying to sort out the money for Dusa's surgery and worrying about it LOLOLOL

I know... :cheeky: This was torture for her... poor Jenny!!! But I'm proud of her, she was able to keep the secret to the end!!! :lol:

Was there a lot of giggling behind hands over this? :laugh4:

Just a few...silly spooky chubby Isa...loooves her food :D

apr8Isa2.jpg

apr8BeanandIsa.jpg

Dusa's belly incision...the middle is opening up a little with seepage but no smell, so its probably just normal body fluids. The swelling lower down is a bit more as well but it still seems okay.

apr8Dusabelly.jpg

apr8Dusa.jpg

apr8Dusa2.jpg

Wow just catching up on this thread what a lucky girl Dusa is, I wish her super fast healing and a wonderful life ahead of her :)

lilspaz68 said:
Unepuce said:
lilspaz68 said:

Was there a lot of giggling behind hands over this? :laugh4:

You betcha! :giggle:

:laugh4:

Unepuce said:
lilspaz68 said:

I didn't wanna ruin the surprise!!! :wink:

I'm surprised I was able to keep it secret :p

Back