Is this a good deal?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't say so... i have a cage better than this one, similar tho, and I paid 40 for it, of Craigslist. Also, bar spacing is wide, so it wouldn't be good for girls.

handmeafish said:
I wouldn't say so... i have a cage better than this one, similar tho, and I paid 40 for it, of Craigslist. Also, bar spacing is wide, so it wouldn't be good for girls.

Ahh I see, okay. And yeah, I was going to net it, but I was kinda iffy about the 60 dollar price tag. I guess I will keep looking.

The second one looks good, but it's difficult to see the details in the picture. If I had a chance to look at in person (or else have the poster tell you specifically what brand/model it is and then look at one on display in a pet store possibly) and it suited all my standards, I'd probably pay $80 for it, easy.

No on the first cage for sure.
The 2nd cage looks very much like a cage I am getting ready to order and since the poster used it for sugar gliders it would work for girl rats. The price is good as long as it is in good condition I would buy it.

Moon said:
That second one looks like it would be a really great deal!!

Yeah , unfortunately , the man got back to me and told me someone was supposed to pick it up saturday. Btu he said he would email me if she doesn't pick it up. :thud:

The bar spacing looks a bit wide, but if you add a shelf to it I think it would be nice. It is 19 inches high, which I think is fine, it just looks short because it is such a long cage at 46 inches.

Hmm this is a bit frustrating. There is a double FN on vancouver kijiji.. posted for $500 dollars. :gaah: How much does a double fn retail for? maybe I can try to convince them to drop the price.. I would have to net it as well...

http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/c-pets-acces ... Z265125646

Edit:: Just looked it up, and it's 230 dollars on Petsmart's website..

Anyone have any ideas of how to convince this guy to give it to me cheaper. ( Preferably cheaper then new .. since i might as well just buy new if that's the case.

MumsyRat said:
$500 for a used ferret nation? Whatever they're smoking sure ain't medical grade!

You can get a brand new double Critter Nation from Flowertown for $275. I would reply to the guy asking if he accidentally put one to many zeros in his price. :wink2:

http://www.chinchilla.ca/items.php?Prod ... urce=acces

My thought is that they are trying to rip unknowing buyers of : P like newbies haha

How much would you pay for a used double fn? I don't really know what I should offer him. I think I will send him a link to the site with the price or something.

I picked up a double FN for $100 a couple of years ago. It was a bargain and I had to jump on it, but if you have a bit of time to invest I'm sure something will come along.

yeah, a used double I'd say $100-$175 depending on condition. It depends on what they retail for in your area though.

Moon said:
yeah, a used double I'd say $100-$175 depending on condition. It depends on what they retail for in your area though.

I offered 170 -190 because it retails 230 ish on petsmart's site and the ad says it is brand new. I think they bought it then realized it was too big and now want to downsize. I will wait for a reply email though :stickpoke: . I hope he listens to me and doesn't just ignore my email because its not what he wants. :roll:

Cinderwolf said:
I offered 170 -190 because it retails 230 ish on petsmart's site and the ad says it is brand new. I think they bought it then realized it was too big and now want to downsize. I will wait for a reply email though :stickpoke: . I hope he listens to me and doesn't just ignore my email because its not what he wants. :roll:

Well here's the reply I got

Hi there thanks for your interest, we just bought it two months ago or so at petmart in burnaby and the manager gave us 50 bucks off the price tag so we ended up paying 400 before taxes
so if you have seen the same cage for the price you have you should buy it. As for the one we have we will not be able to take less than 375 as it is in mint condition we are very clean
and we have put it together, so no assembly required as well as offering delivery within van and burnaby. Thanks so much. 604-366-7072

THat was a reply to the second email I sent.. off of a different email since I wanted to reword it better. This time I didn't include the petsmart link. So I guess I will just have to pass on this cage. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Back