Introducing Remy Rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Remy has been okay, I havent heard anymore angry teeth chattering, but he is definitely a dominant little fur ball, pinning the other boys, and nipping their butts while he chases them around. Memphis puts up with Remy but Kiedis isnt having any of it, he just sits in my lap and wont move while Remy's out. And it is possible that Remy is older, but like I said he still has soft baby fur, and hes got a whole lotta energy in him. Oh! And apparently Remy has a penchant for nipping ear lobes. He has drawn blood twice now on the same ear lobe though the wound was just tiny little pin pricks, and I just dont think he understands that the ear lobe is part of my body. XD Id never been nipped to the point of there being blood before meeting Remy and its just the one ear lobe!

Possibly if he becomes increasingly aggressive, but I think hes mostly just a nervous little dude who was never handled enough by people to really be socialized right and plus if I had just spent the last three weeks in a shelter and god knows how long before that running around outside, I'd be pretty confused too and then to suddenly have to older, bigger housemates that I know nothing about and a giant who pats my head and picks me up sometimes, Id probably act exactly the same as Remy. But I will be keeping an eye on him as far as his aggression goes.

Plus hes nipped my socked feet just as hard as my ear lobe, the ear lobe is just much easier to break the skin. I did recently remove my ear plugs and size my ears down, so there could be some gunk that he smelled on my ear as well.

He sounds like such a mischievous little one! Love it! Looking forward to following The Adventures of Remy!

Back