Intro video and text tutorial

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scythe said:
jorats said:
Intro day 3. This footage was taken in the middle of the intro, so about 30 minutes in. It was pretty much uneventful except for a breakthrough with Ferd and George. This was still on neutral ground. All in all, another successful intro day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLUvJpzzvtQ

Why are your intros better than mine, quicker, and even with more rats? LOL :emb: This isn't fair! :laugh4:

That was all on neutral ground so far. I did a partial familiar ground two days ago... didn't go so well. lol Today, I'm doing full familiar ground, so I'm betting it's not gonna go too good but I'm ready for it. I'll a pinning madwoman today. lol

Awwww Ferd's eyes!!!! He looks so relaxed, even when he's a bit unsure, he doesn't get that look of "I am shutting down" anymore. :D So proud of him. :D Can you tell who my fav is? :cheeky:

It looks like its going wonderfully :thumbup: Isn't it funny how a "bonded" pair will split up when offered other companion choices...looks like Teddy likes Doc, and George likes Ferds. :heart: I love larger diverse colonies of rats...so much going in, so much personality meshing. :mrgreen:

lilspaz68 said:
Awwww Ferd's eyes!!!! He looks so relaxed, even when he's a bit unsure, he doesn't get that look of "I am shutting down" anymore. :D So proud of him. :D Can you tell who my fav is? :cheeky:

It looks like its going wonderfully :thumbup: Isn't it funny how a "bonded" pair will split up when offered other companion choices...looks like Teddy likes Doc, and George likes Ferds. :heart: I love larger diverse colonies of rats...so much going in, so much personality meshing. :mrgreen:

You aren't going to like day 4 intro videos... Ferd got really upset. I moved it to partial familiar ground and Ferd simply would not accept George's advances. This kind of happened with day 2 of neutral ground so it's a pattern I'm seeing with Ferd.
George and Teddy stick together if one gets into a confrontation. That is something else to see. When Ferd gets pissed at George, you see Teddy, out of nowhere come barrelling through to take over the fight. But Teddy, what a great alpha, only bum rushes, nothing more. He gets the message across though.

jorats said:
lilspaz68 said:

You aren't going to like day 4 intro videos... Ferd got really upset. I moved it to partial familiar ground and Ferd simply would not accept George's advances. This kind of happened with day 2 of neutral ground so it's a pattern I'm seeing with Ferd.
George and Teddy stick together if one gets into a confrontation. That is something else to see. When Ferd gets pissed at George, you see Teddy, out of nowhere come barrelling through to take over the fight. But Teddy, what a great alpha, only bum rushes, nothing more. He gets the message across though.

I expect he will resist each stage...that's him. But he's coming through the other side, which makes me happy :dance: Awww Teddy, that's wonderful!

lilspaz68 said:
jorats said:
This is day 4. It went pretty well but in the end, I didn't get it on video but Ferd decided to shut down and not be part of the group. He would either stay on me or Nic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5twG9BKUIGM

One step forward, three steps back for this boy. Poor Ferd.

Today we are doing much better. No videos yet, still working on getting day uh, 6 up. I'm skipping day 5 videos, it wasn't really an intro but had them all in a playpen while I washed the cage. It went as expected, nothing too hard on Ferd though. Day 6 is pretty much like how today was, Teddy goes after Ferd, Ferd cries out and I separate. That's how it's going to be from now on. So I've decided I'm going to keep doing this until Teddy no longer gets poofy and no longer goes for Ferd and also until Ferd gains more confidence, which I've seen some progress in that today. yay!
I've also decided that I'm going to try and move Ferd in with my crew much sooner than Teddy and George. I want Ferd with my guys soon cause he'll get a lot out of being with them.

lilspaz68 said:
Oh what a great idea!! I think Ferd would do better as part of a group (and he likes quite a few of the residents doesn't he?)
He sure does, Chief and Pony both belong to him. lol Bianca loves him... (Yesterday during intro, Teddy was again going after Ferd, Bianca was sitting on a house which made her level to Teddy's head, he was on her left and Ferd on her right. She grabs a big piece of Teddy's skin in her mouth and yanks him away from Ferd. I thought that was wonderful. She's doing my job. lol)
Meeko and Gera don't mind the big boy at all. In fact, I can't wait to take pics of tiny little Meeko sleeping on top of Ferd. lol

jorats said:
lilspaz68 said:
Oh what a great idea!! I think Ferd would do better as part of a group (and he likes quite a few of the residents doesn't he?)
He sure does, Chief and Pony both belong to him. lol Bianca loves him... (Yesterday during intro, Teddy was again going after Ferd, Bianca was sitting on a house which made her level to Teddy's head, he was on her left and Ferd on her right. She grabs a big piece of Teddy's skin in her mouth and yanks him away from Ferd. I thought that was wonderful. She's doing my job. lol)
Meeko and Gera don't mind the big boy at all. In fact, I can't wait to take pics of tiny little Meeko sleeping on top of Ferd. lol

On top?? *melts into Shelagh goo*

jorats said:
lilspaz68 said:
Did you get your Whopper today? I did :giggle:

lol! I sure thought about getting one. :cheeky:

Here is day 6! Watch for Gera the scene stealer in the background hopping around. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvsZiji7JFA

Hahaha, I just watched the vid and was coming back to this thread to ask who is the hopper in the background. He/she rocks, hehe.

Today is day 8...it's been 8 days now. Things are coming along pretty good, but still rather slow which is to be expected because I have 3 intact boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIDcDYN1_Sg

Something I didn't catch on tape which...oh man, I wish I had. It was priceless. There was an altercation between Teddy and Ferd, nobody got hurt except for feelings. Ferd and Teddy were boxing, George came close which made Ferd flee, Teddy was hot on his tail. I grab Teddy and dominate me. He was poofy and not liking me touching him but too bad. Then I decided to pick up Ferd to check him over in case he's cut. He's not. Then all of a sudden I hear protesting and whimpering, I look back and there's Teddy. On his back. With Meeko dominating him. HAHAHAHA!! Oh gosh, what a site. I laughed so hard. Tiny little Meeko flipped the big Tedster. I loved it.

Back