Inca...Allergy Issues? PT instead? One Last Try

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we are close. She's been lying on my chest for a long time now. She had a short spell of agonal breathing, but came back out.She's sleeping now but its just peaceful not restorative. I am just waiting and being there with her. :heart:

I just got up to go the bathroom, and get a drink. I'll go back to her now.

I hope she goes peacefully and with you...poor sweet girl, she's so lucky and blessed to have you.

Well she's still a stubborn cuss. She's still with me this morning. I did give her fluids last ight before bed, so she wouldn't dehydrate.

Today I will have to set her up in a small hospital cage as I have to do a lot of cage cleaning today LOL...she seems relatively comfortable and once I have my coffee and can see through these bleary eyes (most dozing overnight) then I will try her with Ensure orally and see if she can do it.

Well Nancy, when I first saw your post, I was sure that she would never come back to me again. I gave Inca 8 cc's of sub-q RLS and .04 cc's of dexamethasone yesterday, A few hours later, I noticed Inca was attempting to stand up, and her eyes were open...she was weak and wobbly but definitely more upright. She went from unable to swallow, to gulping down 10 cc's last night of Ensure/baby cereal. So my guess is that Inca had a stroke. This morning she's a little more mobile, we are on our 10th cc of syringe food, her head is up, her eyes look content. My little fighter is still going. She went from agonal breathing on Saturday afternoon (the gasping breathing where there is no actual movement of air into the lungs) to easier breathing today.

And we now just got 12 cc's into her...I'll let her rest today and see how she's doing tonight...we will be playing this day by day, but I have seen some "miraculous" reprieves from stroke with steroids... *fingers crossed*

does anyone remember Hoochy?

I knew she had that legendary fighting strength left in her! :joy: Fingers and paws crossed that it was indeed a stroke and that she will be one of those miracles. Let's keep that dynamo going! :thumbup:

Inca was sleeping on her chest when I got home. She woke up and started bruxxing once she realized I was home.

Feeding...10 cc's in the early evening session.

may7Incafeeding.jpg

Walking around on the chair

may7Inca.jpg

may7Inca2.jpg

Here she was bruxxing. :heart:

may7Inca3.jpg

Yay!! :joy:

Overnight and this morning she is very mobile, walking all over the be. When I saw her trying to climb her little carrier cage I decided to switch her over to a "front-loader". I'll make sure there's food in there for her to eat today as I am sure she can eat and drink on her own, but I will continue to syringe feed just because she and I both enjoy it so :heart: She gobbled 14 cc's this morning. :D

may8AMInca.jpg

Back