I need help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilspaz68 said:
They aren't planing on separating the sexes, they want more, since they want to breed them. :(

Breed brother and sisters? ugh what is this world coming to? :wallbang: :wallbang:

Yes we need more unwanted rats who in turn US will be taking in and paying for everyone's else mistakes; Makes me :sick2:

And if you think something is wrong with your animal Take it to the vet.

Lifetime Pet Care Practice
Dr. Junkin
#101-12101-72nd Ave
Surrey BC V3W 2M1
Telephone: 604-594-7387
http://www.lifetimepet.infovet.ca

Is open today. Non emerg, just regular vet.

Call asap and make an appointment for today. Yes, it's Surrey but Surrey/Delta isn't all that far. We often travel to see Dr. Junkin all the way from Vancouver.

These guys are not open today but if you can't see Dr. Junkin today, call them first thing tomorrow morning

Kennedy Heights Animal and Bird Hospital
Dr. Schild, Dr. Wall
8614 - 120th Street
Surrey, BC V3W 3N6
Telephone: 604-591-5304
http://www.kennedyheightsanimalhosp.ca

Both of these vet clinics are excellent and work closely together.

Besides the fact that he was far too young when you bought him it could be all sorts of things ie internal injuries due to the fall, respiratory issue due to where pet store rats come from and the pine/tank so he needs to see a vet either way.

Pets are expensive and are a luxury to have... now it's time to step up to the plate and get the little one some serious help from a vet and educate yourself on proper set up/care etc.

Rats are expensive pets with vet bills, meds, etc.

Please do not breed until you do a massive amount of research.
Rats without known healthy genetic backgrounds going back for many generations should never be bred.
Pet store rats have poor genetic backgrounds.
It is very expensive to raise a litter if you do it properly. Food, vet bills, cages, etc
And very time consuming.
There is no market for pet rats and many, many needy rescue rats in need of good homes.

It isn't healthy to breed rats before they are 4 months old ... rats are considered to be babies until they are 3 months old.
You need to learn a great deal about how to care for pet rats just to take care of the 3 you have.

Hope you took the baby boy to a good vet.
If not today, hope you do it first thing tomorrow.

Poor little guy. Run free at the bridge.

I hope this deters you from breeding...

Did you take him to a vet? What did the vet say?

It won't be over until you get it through your thick skull to not breed at all. You have no knowledge on what it takes to be a responsible breeder and no desire to learn.
I don't feel sorry for you.
I do feel very sorry for the poor rats in your irresponsible care.

Back