I connected my 2 SuperPet cages !

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks JO!!

I think I have found what works best for me and the "kids" now :)

so here's the girls's set up, I will more than likely order a few extra shelves soon so they can have larger floors but they all love to climb so I don't think I will hear any complains for the time being! LOL
unlike the boys, they figured out the tunnel instantly and were zipping thru it non stop...LOL

it's pretty much the same setting as the boys, but they have 2 wheels instead of one since they are all dedicated runners, specially Arabella, I think she is training for the local 5K run!! she gets in the wheel and runs like a rabbit, not a gently stroll, oh no, she RUNS and RUNS and RUNS! LOL

I will get an extra corner litter too, I LOVE these things, they are multi purpose items:)

DSCF1308.jpg

DSCF1309.jpg

DSCF1311.jpg

Nice job. I've been trying to find a way to connect my two martens cages for all the females in my house.

lj said:
Nice job. I've been trying to find a way to connect my two martens cages for all the females in my house.

LJ,
I think martin's sells smaller doors that you can install on the cage sides, specifically for that purpose, I would contact them and ask because I know I've seen martin's connected before...somehwere....hummm....

>>goes on a search mission....LOL

that works too :) and one holy moly big cage mamrat...lol

just a little bit more work involve to put them back as "separated" cages tho...LOL

that's one thing I like about my set up, by using the end bubble caps, I have 2 separated cages again :)

I was thinking of pulling out the sides, but I have the larger plastic pans, so that won't work.

LJ:
I guess that leaves the connecting tubes then :)

handmefish:

it would work on any size cages, they really don't need to be the same.

That is soo cool!
I'm thinking of maybe doing a bit of the same thing, since I don't have the space to connect two super pet exotics cages together horizontaly...I'll do it vertically.

Could u help me out with pointer's canuck?

I wanted to do a quick update:

it's been over 6 months since I've got my SP connected cages for both my girls and boys and I haven't look at other cages since then!!
SERIOUSLY! :nod:

I still love them just like I did at 1st, still so easy to clean and do a new lay out whenever I feel like it :)

I havent had to replace anything yet, my crew of 11 aren't chewers so that's a plus :)

I also wanted to mention that I've been using wood pellets for quite awhile now and I won't be using anything else anytime soon!! I can get a 20 lbs bag for $5 and it's good for all the 4 pans of my cages.

so to the people who may not have the budget or access to FN/CN or even a Martins, please do not discard the Superpet Cages right off the bat, I've had VERY nice cages since I started with rats and sold them all to only keep my 4 Superpet ones :)

kscanuck785 said:
I think martin's sells smaller doors that you can install on the cage sides

Martinscages.com will sell powdercoated cage doors with plastic thing to line the edges of the hole. You just need to contact them and give them the dimensions of the door you want. I did this when I connected 3 martins cages together with tubes, when I connected two large rabbit cages together with tubes and also a few years later when I used tubes to connect my martins playpen to my FN. :thumbup:

connecting cages is def. very handy, specially whenyou can reverse it back or bloack the opening neatly once you don't need the extra room :)
I know I'm so glad I went that way!!

Back