I connected my 2 SuperPet cages !

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kscanuck785

so, I received all my parts from SuperPet USA today and was able to put my 2 SP cages together!!! YAY!!!

for those who know me, I do have a passion for cages so I was very excited about that!! LOL

so I ordered :

Part # Item Name Quantity Price
500500652 Passageway Connector (1) 2x $8.98
500012672 Bubble Plug 2 $6.58
500012676 Tube Fun-nel 1 $6.99

3 Items:$22.55
Shipping/Handling:$7.95
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $30.50

so $30.50 and I got my order within less than a week.

I used a dremmel to cute of 6 wires, to be able to fit the passageways and just ziptied them into place. they can be snapped into place but for the ease of cleaning, I prefer to use Zipties. It is VERY sturdy btw and I'm extremely pleased with the results!! :thumbup:

the connector with the tunnel:

DSCF1111.jpg

DSCF1112-1.jpg

the connector with the bubble end to close the exit if needed:
DSCF1114-1.jpg

cages connected:
DSCF1116.jpg

so for those of you having a smaller SP cage and adding on to your rat family, this is def. a GREAT option to consider, It's not very expensive and totally reversible back to 2 cages if you use this kit :)

thanks for the compliments!!

I may get more tubes and hook them on the shelves with the holes, since they are made to connect :)
I find the one on there right now is a tad too long, so I may get a shorter one.

Stacy, Now you know why I was asking about the wood pellets for bedding :)

I don't have a superpet anymore but mine LOVE the tubes, I'm actually about to order them from superpet. It's so funny, they charge SO much for the tubes at the store, but if you order from super pet, they are dirt cheap, and you get to pick the colors!

Yup, I see now!

latest set up :)

more hammocks, a wheel, 2 igloos and new corner litter!

I'm doing the same set up at home for my girls, so stay tuned for pics :)

DSCF1209.jpg

DSCF1212.jpg

DSCF1214.jpg

DSCF1216.jpg

DSCF1215.jpg

DSCF1213.jpg

sweet now i can play let's spot a rat, because i dont see one in any of those new pics!

I am ready to see the new set up at home :)

I might need to borrow that idea for the litter box up there, I like it.

Kick arse set up!! Such an awesome idea! I've seen those tubes for the pre-done chinchilla cages and such, perfect idea!! I have so many smaller sized cages from before that could totally work out! :dance:

hopefloats said:
sweet now i can play let's spot a rat, because i dont see one in any of those new pics!

I am ready to see the new set up at home :)

I might need to borrow that idea for the litter box up there, I like it.

i can see Wesson, my fawn boy in the sputnik and Remington is also visible on the 4th pic :)

Very cool! I too have been known as a bit of a cage addict.lol
I used to drool so much over those Superpet cages with the whole tunnel system on the outside of the cage. Love the pics and the rats seem to like it too.

Back