How to Play *CLOSED*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
Each month we will have a Rat Pic of the Month.
In the corresponding thread you will link to the two nominations by other members (members must be specific which picture they are nominating)
Pics must have 2 nominations.

Nominations will be accepted from the 15th of the previous month to the 15th of that month.
On the 15th, a poll will be created, which will last until the 28th.

Pics must not be altered.
Please note that pics entered here will not be eligible for other contests on the forum.

***new rule*** a member can only submit 3 nominations.
If you are having difficulty placing your nominated pic and link to the RPOM thread please contact a mod and they can do it for you.

[glow=red:at3qd81z]RPOM is now closed until further notice. [/glow:at3qd81z]

I don't quite understand what I have to do, I read the how to play thing ..but I am still confused ..what do I link?

Basically YOU would have to see a picture you think is worthy of RPOM. Then you would post a nomination

"I nominate this picture for (insert month) ROPM"

Then someone in that thread has to 2nd the nomination

"I second this nomination"

NOW the owner of the pic, has to post it in here, along with the link to the thread with your nominations. Just an FYI, if the owner of the pic misses that they were nominated, that that's too bad...you snooze, you lose :cheeky:
After the pics are up, there will be another thread with a poll for all the pics and the winner will be the RPOM for that month :thumbup:

Did that help?

ryelle said:
maybe this wasn't as good an idea as i thought :roll:

its a great idea, but I would keep it very simple...no themes for the months...we can have theme pic contests for that, just straight pics :D Everyone will get it after a month or so :D

yea its a really good idea its just geting everyone used to the system! be rocky for a bit but well get there!
my only question is what if there is more than one image in a thread how do know which image other people meant?

windmill-831 said:
yea its a really good idea its just geting everyone used to the system! be rocky for a bit but well get there!
my only question is what if there is more than one image in a thread how do know which image other people meant?

Quote the picture

At this point we'll keep it a rattie picture. But we don't want just any pic. It has too be one that has really touched you or meant something to you, tickled your funny bone and such. We don't want a gazillion pics either so it's got to be meaningful. Or else, like Moon pointed out, we'd have a whole whack of litter and baby pictures.

What about special pictures posted between the 15th and the end of the month? What do we do with those, just leave them completely out of the running?

How about making pics from the 15th of the month before (like the pervious months cut off date) to the 15th of the current month are eligable...mainly because I would assume we dont want the same pics or slightly different ones to keep getting nominated?

smilez_n_hugs said:
How about making pics from the 15th of the month before (like the pervious months cut off date) to the 15th of the current month are eligable...mainly because I would assume we dont want the same pics or slightly different ones to keep getting nominated?

That sounds good. I edited my first post to add that in.

can we nominate older photos that have been recently posted? thinking mainly memorial postings?

also....has no one nominated anyone yet?

Back