How much does your vet charge?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dahlas said:
How do some of you guys do it :shock:
Some of those prices are out of this world.
I would never be able to have the number of rats that I have if I had to pay those kind of prices.

I just can't resist this.....Well, I tell ya, my vet should be kissing my feet, that's for sure. :wink2: Last year, I was there top paying client for the entire clinic and that's even counting those pricey ferret clients. The number two clinic only paid HALF of what I did over the last year. Now, does that make me feel good? Uh, noooo. :wink2: Of course, my house if falling apart (man do we need new siding), and so are my shoes, clothes and everything else. But hey, my babies are well taken care of. HA HA!

I have to keep telling myself, you get what you pay for. Cheap vets might cut corners...and I just can't afford to let that happen to my babies. Our vet is pretty expensive and I've paid over $300 on a number of occasions for what I thought might be garden variety tumor removals. But I can't imagine them in anyone elses care.

I have a running joke with my vet's receptionist. I come in to pick my rat up, and just turn around and bend over! Then she lets me know how much I owe. :wink2:

wow some of you guys pay a lot of money! Our vet left this place and I think gave us some good discounts because a for Emily's tumor removal and spay at the same time was only 163$ while Franka's tumor removal was 193$ with the new vet. Though she owns the practice so maybe that's why the difference?
Our checkups usually run around 40 dollars and that includes the meds which she makes cheese flavoured so the girls will take it straight up.
Griffin's neuter was $116
Euthanasia is $16
one dose of revolution for 19 ratties is $22
re-check's are free

From today's visit at Banfield (my boyfriend's cousin is the vet and she owns two hairless ratties)

Office visit for the two: 29.95$
Baytril 22.7mg: 21.50$
Doxy 5ml: 41.72$

Same vet as lindsayfawn

Check-up : 45$
Neuter : 100$ they said, didin't do it yet
Spray : No idea
Tumor removal : No idea
Re-Check Within 3 months : 30$
Ointment for wounds and polysporyn : 12$
Baytril : One time it was 14$, the other day was 40$

Hehe when Sid got his second Ivermectin injection yesterday i paid.. wait for it.... £8.04 for the whole thing. I paid £12.50 for the first injection, and i took Patrick aswell to get him checked over.

Im trying to work out a time this week that i can get Patrick in to a different vet clinic though because he has bad noise in his chest (its worse and worrying today). I will probably pay £25 for that trip.. i dont care, as long as he gets meds this time!! Some times it's worth paying that little bit more, if you know you are going to get the better treatment

Dahlas said:
The vet I go to for spays and neuters charges $40 for neuters and $75 for spays.....
My vet I go to when they are sick (who is much closer) charges $45 office call.

How do some of you guys do it :shock:
Some of those prices are out of this world.
I would never be able to have the number of rats that I have if I had to pay those kind of prices.

Eagle your vet prices are shocking.....euthansia $121. Spay and neuters $400...Holy.

Yeah vet prices are high. We have so few qualified exotic vets. My regular vet moved and her prices were great. I took one of my girls in due to bad resp issues along with the 2 babies she was socializing. We ended up PTS my girl and the bill was $30. Neuter was $65. Meds with an office visit was usually less than $25 total.

Well I called a different vet clinic today that is closer to where I live and got some prices.

Neuters are $100
Spays around $135
Blood work is extra if requested
Exam fee is $44
Recheck $31

They have 2 vets at this clinic that only do the exotics. Total of 5 vets at the clinic. I may try them out soon as Sugar's eyes are still porphy and she has gained over 60g in less than 3 weeks. Could be the good food she is getting.

Back