Hope's Rescued rats, adoptables and lifers- December Update

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you have a lot going on. I can imagine the anniversary being hard enough without the stress others are causing. I am sorry to hear you are struggling yet here you are continuing to be the amazing little rat savior that you are. After all you do for them I'm glad you have so many lil cuties there to ease your stress and give you some love.

I hope that if she does have a litter it's small. You absolutely cannot blame yourself if she did get pregnant. You did everything you could as always and even if she is pregnant she is still in a much better place now and that's all because of you.

I am over my meltdown now :) Good thing only last the day of my dads death I guess that day was harder than expected. I didnt anticipate a horrible reaction on that day.

Mable passed away today. She was being treated for pt and it hit with a vengeance. The meds did nothing for her. I just hate that it didnt work but we have been lucky with it working.

Astryd is now 240g. I gave up on a heat cycle because her body looks more pregnant by the day.

With the expectng babies I didnt want any new intakes but I got a call from woman about 4 rats. 3 girls and a boy. She said she got them from my favorite petstore and found out early on that Patches was a boy. She did pregnancy watch on the girls they were all wee ones so no babies thankfully. She was smart enough to catch it and keep them apart. Patches is a younger boy, well they all are. I am guessing 4 to 5 months old. He is a black hooded boy and the girls are 2 himi's and a beige girl. I guess they were the husbands but he walked out on her and her small child leaving her alone. She wasnt sure how to care for them or if she would be able to remain on her own. So I couldnt say no to her. She was in tears over it.

I will get pictures later on I ordered another feisty ferret cage and set that up so i ran out of time. I am getting away from small cages no more for me I am done. Going to do some more intros and work rats into groups so i can limit the cages.

Charlie came to me last year he was neutered and still a jerk. I finally was able to get him a girl with the new girl sally. He fought her a little bit but he got over it and soon cuddled. He didnt hurt her at all but they did have some boxing so we only have one boy that is in need of a girlfriend :) That is hershel. I will be trying him with some spayed girls soon :)

I'm glad you are past your sad day, for this year anyway. I don't know how you keep helping so many ratties. They are all so very, very lucky you are so generous with your money, but especially your time and love. You are their angel! :angel:

I am so sorry about Mable. :(

I just wanted to pay my respects to her, send up well wishes to her on her way to the Bridge and to offer my condolences. Rest in peace sweet girl.:redbud:

I think it is official and I am out of denial now. Astryd is gaining 10g at least a day now so i think we are very close.

10653301_10152370051216409_7846826095934909662_n.jpg

10409118_10152370051266409_2379333807001845557_n.jpg

10687204_10152370051306409_6308945558977164572_n.jpg

10384282_10152370051341409_7086441202547116621_n.jpg

I am going to move her into her own cage tonight just to be safe.

photo.php
10687141_10152370867151409_5874063374538837446_n.jpg

photo.php

Lol that looks like one very pregnant belly.

260g of it. She is moved into another cage. Once I seen that weight I stopped wondering if we were ready LOL

I bet morning she will hit 270. I left her with ensure, blocks of both kinds, pasta and peas. Gonna build up that extra food in her for the now on so she can feed and nurse these little buggers. Pray for a small litter but I dont have that kinda of luck LOL

I hope it's a small litter and that things go relatively smoothly for you guys!

Sorry to hear about Mable but I'm glad that Charlie now has a friend! So kind of you to take in those four rats. I can understand why you were reluctant but that story is so sad as it is. Seems like you made their lives at least a bit better. Man abandons his family and his pets...

Aw, poor gal, she definitely has that pear shape on her belly. Her maternity compound looks very comfy and nice. Best of luck to her and I will hope all goes well for both Mom and babies.

Babies will be here in no time at all. She hit 280g and she is a bit uneasy today. Keep momma in your thoughts for a healthy delivery. I am worried sick.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyP0yCs2Ma4&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

What an awesome video! You can clearly see the babies moving in there. :D

Here's to an easy delivery with no complications. Clipper sends his best wishes. :puppyluv:

Amazing video, I have never seen babies moving inside a mama before! Marc and I just watched the video and it was just jaw dropping and beautiful. I loved seeing you stroking Astryd and comforting her. :)

Astryd, you are such a pretty Mom-to-be and we are all sending our best wishes to you for an easy and safe delivery!

Thinking of you tonight pretty girl. :hugs:

Back