Hope Needs Healing Thoughts...Update 05/21

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godmother said:
Adorable! :heart: So glad that you and chelle were able to get her in time to give her a good chance.

There is one big worry we are having. Miss Hope doesn't like to eat. She will lick things off of your hands but won't do anything on her own, or will just take a few nibbles and walk away. I am hoping once she feels better and her stomach isn't so shrunken that she might feel more like eating.

Yes, that is a real worry. Starvation and respiratory/heart issues do a number on the appetite. Sounds like she doesn't drink enough, either. Poor sweetheart. :( But now she has a chance of recovery, and she has a whole forum full of well-wishers. :tumkiss:

Yay!! She ate with little Wren :) Baby cereal and Ensure :joy:

jan16HopeandWren2.jpg

jan16HopeandWren.jpg

:bliss:

SECOND SECOND SECOND!
That so so good! maybe she just needed someone to show her it was ok.
the boys and I are sending all the good vibes we can muster.

What a sweet, adorable little lady. The lickiness reminds me a lot of Cera - she just lives for licking people.

I imagine the grooming with one hand is because she may not feel like she has balance, or the energy to rock back on her hind legs to do it. I shudder to think how infrequently she had food, or just what kinds of crap lotion they put on her poor fur...

So, rather than be in an understandable fury, I'm going to focus on how well she's doing now and how much we all love her and are rooting for her. Tim was really touched by her condition too, and hopes she gets better asap!

lilspaz68 said:
LOOK!! She's eating all on her own!! I weighed her and she's gained weight as well. :joy:

jan16Hopeeatingonherown.jpg
You guys are angels. :bow: Hope looks like she's coming along wonderfully. Maybe she needed a rat friend to tell her that's it's ok to eat and that the other shoe isn't going to drop. I hope she starts grooming with both paws once she gains some weight and some confidence.
You guys rock, I don't what the ratties would do without you. :hugs:

This morning, I pulled little Hope back out, held her upright (fav way) and cuddled her cheek to mine, and rocked back and forth gently. She started bruxxing and bruxxing. She's wonderful. :heart: :heart:

Back