Hi From ON

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would never buy a rat from a pet store or breeder. It is so easy to rescue a rat. Some people think a 'rescue' automatically means an old, abused rat with an attitude. And don't get me wrong, there are older rats out there that desperately need a home, but there are also SO many sweet, adorable babies that need homes, usually because someone bought a rat from the pet store and it ended up being pregnant. If you get some babies from a reputable rescue like Lilspaz, at least you will know they are as healthy as possible and have been socialized.
Anyway, all my rats have been rescues, most off Kijiji, and I don't regret a single one! :)

Thanks! While I do like rescues, I personally think there is nothing wrong with buying from a good breeder. I would be content with either options. While I'm not impressed with most petstores, they still need a home too, and would use it as a last resort if I couldn't find any others I liked. But considering the only breeder I've seen that's had good reviews is the one that was mentioned earlier, and is pretty far so I'll try more to get a rattie pair from one of the rescues on here.

Thanks! While I do like rescues, I personally think there is nothing wrong with buying from a good breeder. I would be content with either options. While I'm not impressed with most petstores, they still need a home too, and would use it as a last resort if I couldn't find any others I liked. But considering the only breeder I've seen that's had good reviews is the one that was mentioned earlier, and is pretty far so I'll try more to get a rattie pair from one of the rescues on here.

Rattuity does transport her babies. Of course though, I would prefer you go with rescue babies. Please don't go to a pet store. Yeah, those rats need a home too BUT by purchasing a rat from them you have made a spot for another rat mill rat to fill. We will help you find a pair of babies when the time comes.

If you find a good pair of rats that you really want but they are too far for you to go via public transit, shoot me a PM on here. I am all over the place (Simcoe to Toronto to Kitchener, Guelph, etc) and may be able to work it into one of my trips to pick them up. I can't promise as it depends on what I happen to be up to at the time, but I usually find a way to make it work. And I live in Hamilton so it wouldn't be hard to get them to you.

Okay, thanks a lot! That's really generous of you. :) When they're young (like weaned and ready for homes), can you pretty much tell their personalities? I'm hoping for cuddlebugs that I could train to do tricks. (I like to train animals when I'm bored haha, my cat knows ~10 tricks on command)

Okay, thanks a lot! That's really generous of you. :) When they're young (like weaned and ready for homes), can you pretty much tell their personalities? I'm hoping for cuddlebugs that I could train to do tricks. (I like to train animals when I'm bored haha, my cat knows ~10 tricks on command)

Out of all the rats I've had they've stayed true to their baby personalities. I have tons of rescue babies right now and some are cuddlebugs.. some not so much. Lol but then again it depends on how much they're handled.

I've talked to the owner of Rattuity and she seems very nice and well informed. They have a litter due soon. Honestly, it seems like he best rattery in he region. And tell me about training :) my dog knows over ten tricks cause he learns them so fast. Its one of the reasons I want rats :D

Back