Here are the new girls!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha sorry for the double post!

Here is a pic from yesterday's intro.

IMAG0711_zps2bb9c600.jpg

Yuna is a lovely name (very Final Fantasy 10) I suggest Lulu, Rikku or Paine for names!
All those heads popping out that holey fleece lol love it :lol:

SarahA said:
Yuna is a lovely name (very Final Fantasy 10) I suggest Lulu, Rikku or Paine for names!
All those heads popping out that holey fleece lol love it :lol:

I was thinking LuLu, and I think your right.

It was funny because for some reason the name Yuna just fit. And that game is one of my all-time favorite games. So I think LuLu will fit!

On a side note: My friend who is into Dragon Ball Z jokinly said it's as if Queen and Mischief fused together to make the other 2 :lol:

With intros having gone SO well, I have put them all together.

It went without flaw. Mischief was the only one "picking" on the girls, and it's obviously because Queen was the alpha between them, and she needs to take it out haha. There were no fights, just force grooming. And even that was short lived. On a funny note, Yuna and Lulu tag teamed to pin mischief down one time which was quite funny to see!

But here they are curled up with Queen. They tend to curl up with her and not Mischief.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Yuna (the one that doesn't have the noticeable marking on the back) has become a lot more comfortable with me. She is willing to run outside the cage onto my legs while i'm sitting in the chair. And she likes when I play with her. She'll run back into the cage and out at me.

I also think that she is getting used to the treats. Mainly the sounds of the treats. At first she was frightened by the sound, but today she was running up to it curiously.

Lulu (the one with the markings) is still not comfortable with me, and doesn't associate the treat jar sounds with good things. She doesn't freak out, but is indifferent. She will definitely come around, and isn't really fearful of me, but yeah.. not near as sociable with me as Yuna.

But I love them so much haha!

Grumpy and Snickers also have no problem climbing all over Al (boyfriend) during out time and coming to us for treats and food, but they still don't like when we try to scoop them up out of the cage and will scream/squeak. However, last week for the first time they both climbed onto this chest/shoulders from the cage while he was talking to the boys - they have never done that before. :joy:

Glad your girls are progressing so well.... :thumbup:

My girls have never squeaked or screamed at me when picking them up. They just squirm a lot and try to run away. I'm glad that they are in with my other 2 girls as I think the fact that Queen and Mischief are so loving to me and openly running onto me/giving kisses is helping relax the babies. At least I think it's why Yuna has been so quick to be open with trusting me. I also think it helps them to learn the sounds of the treat jar.

Today I decided during my cage cleaning that I'd let the new girls free range my room.

Well, sort of. I had been thinking about it at work and when I got home, and wasn't completely sure I wanted it to happen. However, something told me it would work out in the end.

I tried (before starting the cleanings and letting them out) shaking my treat jar, and they definitely came to me. With that, I decided to start them off on my bed.

Lulu wasn't happy with that, though, and was the first to leave the bed. Baby rats are so nimble that she just slid down my bed sheet and off the bed. I tried keeping her up but she kept going off. So I decided just to carefully watch her. Yuna eventually followed foot, but unlike Lulu I didn't care to put her back on the bed.

They explored, but Queen was the one I had to worry about the most. Being out so much, she had found a way to get to the top of one desk. I had to figure out how she got up there and stop her from doing it again. Too much stuff on it for me to want her on there. The baby girls I watched with a close eye but really didn't do much exploring. Hung out around their cage and in the spare cage. They climbed all over both and around them but that was it.

So all in all, it was a good time out. I didn't get any pics as I was more focused on cleaning the cage and making sure they were safe, but I'll post some pics the next time they are out.

Oh, and I don't understand why my ratties love my soapy water bucket.. I am so scared they are gonna fall in but they seem to be drawn to it and keep wanting to climb on it and look down in... lol

Back