Henry's_mum/Lyndsy's babes...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put 2 VERY sleepy rats into thier own cages...
Murdoch WAS asleep, but Henry wouldn't let him in the ferret hammock, :? So the poor little guy was all alone laying outside the hammock...

Is it normal that Murdoch just kinda shys away, and waits for Henry to come around. He just laid one level of the cage for the last little bit of their play time... and when Henry came up he closed his eyes and snuggled him. It wouldn't last a whole long time, as Henry isn't one to sit still :roll:

He was fine when I put him back in his cage, and he also popcorned a bit tonite, which was SOOOO nice to see since he hasn't done that yet after comming home. :heart:

Just wondered if maybe it's 'cause he was tired, or because he lost the battle of dominence????

:oops: again, i'm NEW!!!! LOL!

:D

It sounds like you may need 2 hammocks in your cage, at least for now. I would've left them together, it sounds like Murdoch especially wants to be with Henry :)

Are you going to put them back together tomorrow?

yep!
I wondered if I should've left them...
I'll get them in there first thing in the morning, and if all goes well, that's where they'll stay!
:joy:
I'll make little Murdoch a hammock tomorrow... he REALLY loves them. He has a house in his cage, but he prefers his hammock to sleep. Henry, he likes a house, or at least I thought until today. Little bumb! :roll:

This is the cage my cousin gave me. It's a bird cage, but I made covers for the dish holes, and it's pretty roomy for now...

:cuddle:

henry's_mum said:
:happydance:
It's official, the boys are in their new home TOGETHER!!!

:bunnydance: :joy:

MORE pics please!!! I am so happy for all of you, but especially Murdoch, he probably needed a friend more than anyone. :happydance:

Had the boys out tonite, and thought, hmmm, i'm pretty sure Murdoch has GROWN!!!!
Henry's white tail tip is almost gone, I think I read somewhere, that babies have this tip only???
anyway, here's some pics for yah'

Henry takes out cookie monster...

Henry invading Cole's toys

Murdoch takes down a horse

Murdoch copying Henry's antics...

The boys and their salad. Is it me or is Murdoch BIGGER????

Murdoch attacks a ball!

how sweet is my Murdoch?!?!?!?

I also found a store about 10 mins. from here, that sells Oxbow, so i've put a couple pieces in for them to start switching over... It says to wait until they're 4 mos. old, should I wait or continue to give it to them slowly?

:heart:

There's really no need to wait, I give Oxbow to my babies as well.

Is that the cookie monster? I love it! Isn't it funny how real kid toys are rat toys too. :giggle:

lilspaz68 said:
They are absolutely handsome young men!!! I was going to call them beautiful but they are young and probably quite masculine and might take it wrong. :cheeky:

:laugh4:
Yes we're starting that naughty teenage stage I suppose. Murdoch is standing his ground, and this morning I actually found Henry submitting to Murdoch :roll:
Who knows... BOYS ARGH... :gaah:

So as some of you know, with TREMENDOUS help from Shelagh, I adopted the 2 young boys posted in 3rd parties lastnight...

Shelagh came up with a BRILLIANT name for the black rex boy, Brillo :giggle:
I've come up with some others for the fawn boy, what do you guys think
Bernard
Duncan
Branson
Trumble
Copper
Fritz
Malloy- i'm leaning towards this one I think...

Their pics are in the 3rd party thread... (thanks Shelagh)

Alright the boys both have their names, thanks to Shelagh!
The black rex is Brillo and the little fawn is Toby!
I'll take some pics tomorrow, they're both sleeping right now. I gave them both some baby oatmeal cereal, and peas (which they LOVED) and they snuggled up and went to sleep...
Little dears.

Murdoch and Henry are ALL OVER that side of their cage, They want in their SO BAD! Brillo, and Toby seem to care less, especially Toby. Brillo sniffed around there, and watched them for a few mins. but Toby REALLY couldn't care... :giggle:

Cole and I are SO happy to have them here, and CAN'T wait to get to know them!

:heart:

Back