Henry's_mum/Lyndsy's babes...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry's_mum

Well thought I should post my Henry, and the whole zoo crew here!!!

Henry at his finest!!!
He's now TOTALLY litter trained! :happydance:

This is our Daytona, he's 5 yrs old, a keeshond, and ALWAYS at the vet for something

This is Sassy our dog we rescued at christmas, she's 2 yrs old, and a shih poo

and this is a pic of 2 of our bunnies, Emma, and Tucks, whome I just bonded(rabbit rescue)

We've got one more bunn, but every time I went to get a pic of him, he'd grunt and take off on me... Buster is his name, and he's a little bugger!
and we also have a betta fish, named george.

and last but not leastis mamma's little Cole Train!

Hopefully soon, we'll be adding a new addition to keep Henry happy!!!
:cuddle:

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I'm just posting REAL quick!!! I've got some things to do, BUTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Everyone we've found a boy!!!!
:bunnydance: :joy: :bunnydance: :joy: :bunnydance: :joy: :bunnydance: :joy:

He is 3 mos old, and his name is MURDOK
He's a black veri-berk, just like our Henry, only Henry's Agouti!

He's sooooo sweet, and he and his brothers are ADORABLE!!!! I wish I could've taken them ALL home... :nod: I did get a list from Ruby, the lady at the durham region animal shelter, of all the availble ratties there. They're so nice, knoweledgable, caring, and great animal, including rat, people! I'll post it up in 3rd parties later!

anyway, gotta run and play with my boys, oh btw, Henry was SOOOO excited to smell, and see Murdok it's sooo cute. He's doing this crazy run all over the top level of his cage, and sniffing the air and EVERYTHING!!!!

:heart:

and here's MURDOCH!!!!

and Henry, who was ALL over Cole and I this evening, man is he ever comming out of his shell!!!

I even got peed on tonite!!!!

He gave me kisses, and like I said he was climbing all over us. The other nights he'd sniff us and take off, but not tonight!!!! :joy:

Also he's trying with all his might to get to Murdoch's cage, i'm thinking this is good????

:cuddle:

If Henry seems curious, not huffing or puffing or rubbing or strange behaviours then it sounds like it could be very very good. :)

Read up on intro's but they look to be happy young boys and you should have no problems.

Murdoch is beautiful, I see silvering (white hairs in the black) which is so pretty :)

Congratulations on your new boy. I just love seeing children being taught compassion towards rats, it is wonderful.

Vanessa said:
Congratulations on your new boy. I just love seeing children being taught compassion towards rats, it is wonderful.

That's ONE thing he'll learn FOR SURE living with me, and not ONLY for the ratties, but ALL living things!!!

lilspaz68 said:
If Henry seems curious, not huffing or puffing or rubbing or strange behaviours then it sounds like it could be very very good. :)

Read up on intro's but they look to be happy young boys and you should have no problems.

Murdoch is beautiful, I see silvering (white hairs in the black) which is so pretty :)

Isn't his coat GORGEOUS!!!
I'm going to read up about intros, any suggestions for a first timer???? :wink:

Henry's ALL over the top of his cage, and nawing on the bars, and trying with ALL of his might to squeeze through... I've NEVER seen him do this before...

CongRATS!! That's wonderful news... soon Cole will have two ratties climbing all over him. He's so cute with Henry smelling him.
It's typical for Henry to become very curious about Murdoch, I love that name too!
Do you have their cages next to each other or close by? This will get them used to each others smell.

Henry hasn't stopped chattering his teeth since Murdoch got here!
:happydance: :bunnydance: :happydance: :bunnydance: :happydance: :bunnydance:

It's LOUD too! and trying to squeeze threw the bars, my goodness, he's one friggin' happy rat, and I haven't even put 'em together yet...

:giggle:

I think so... :oops: he's making a chattering sound with his teeth, like grinding... is that a good thing or not so good thing???

The little guy didn't sleep at all, all he's done is tried to get threw his bars... and when I did catch him laying down, he was pushed right up against his bars, closest to Murdoch's cage.
He wasn't in his hammock, or his house, just out in the open laying on the floor...

How is Murdoch with handling? I would imagine he's pretty good but you are a stranger to him at this moment.

I would pop a towel in the bathtub, put down some baskets or things to check out and explore (stuffed animals are fine), make sure there's no items that have only one exit, tubes are good, but no boxes, since a rat could go in, the other rat could follow and the first rat may feel trapped and panic.
Put down something yummy and liquidy in a bowl (baby cereal always works) so they have to stick around to eat it, then put them both in the tub and watch carefully. Sniffing and hoisting the others butt to sniff is normal, even a little kicking is fine. Being interested is normal. Teeth chattering loudly, sidling, puffed fur, head down, trying to climb on the other's back and bite the shoulders, etc are aggressive things. Pinning is normal, they will get the other rat on their back and hold them (eeping or not) as a "I am the alpha rat, submit to me" and the eeping is "uncle, I give!" LOL. Rats have a pecking order, even with just 2 of them. Henry sounds like a confident little man so I would bet he will be alpha and Murdoch will be subordinate. :)

Some examples...Dilbert's intro to his girls...
Brie and Dilbert are trying to figure out who's dominant...fur is smooth, they may be rearing and trying to "box" but its all semi-serious
BDplaying8.jpg

BDplaying7.jpg

Guess who's winning? Brie is powergrooming Dilly, its a vigorous grooming with teeth, sometimes the bottom rat eeps in quiet protest, but its another dominance behaviour.
BDplaying2.jpg

And here's a takedown/pin when Dilbert gets a bit too obnoxious (he needed a few of these lessons from his ladies :roll:)
Brietakesrudeboydown.jpg

WOW! Thanks buddy! That's GREAT! :bow:

I'll possiblt try tomorrow, or sat. I'd like to give Murdoch a couple days of down time, as he's acting shy, like you said i'm a stranger, new noises, new food, new smells, alot i'm sure for a little guy...
I know it took Henry about a week to settle in properly, and last night he was all over myself and COley. So I think if I give 'em a couple days, and then try, maybe he'll feel more comfortable?!?!?!

OR....

should I just throgh 'em together, with the thought of the sooner the better?!?!?!?!

Henry JUST went to sleep, as did Murdoch. I put on some baby einstein, lullaby's. LOL! It ALWAYS puts Henry to sleep!!!! :wink:

Back