HELPHELPHELP.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry hun, you wont be able to find baytril of any other meds listed that your girl needs in a pet store, and most vets will only give you meds on request WHEN you've established a relationship...
You really need to get her into a vet and soon....
If I was comming down that way this week i'd certainly come and drive you, but i'm not comming down that way at all until next week MAYBE....

Alright. So you really don't recommend the Pickering clinic? I'm trying to convince my mother to help me out with a ride into Courtice, she also does not drive.. but a few of her friends do and she could probably borrow the car... but shes so insistant that the vet in Pickering is good and that her friends go there. (she really isn't that keen on animals) so it's hard for me to trust what she's saying..

If I was to take a bus out to Courtice with my ratty.. would I have to make an appointment and would it only be a day thing? Like, they wouldn't keep her there or have me come back another day or something right?

vahnessuh said:
Alright. So you really don't recommend the Pickering clinic? I'm trying to convince my mother to help me out with a ride into Courtice, she also does not drive.. but a few of her friends do and she could probably borrow the car... but shes so insistant that the vet in Pickering is good and that her friends go there. (she really isn't that keen on animals) so it's hard for me to trust what she's saying..

If I was to take a bus out to Courtice with my ratty.. would I have to make an appointment and would it only be a day thing? Like, they wouldn't keep her there or have me come back another day or something right?

nope, i've had surgeries through the Courtice clinic done, and it's same day p/u. So you'd make the appt. and you'd both go home together.

I REALLY wouldn't trust the vet in Pickering, although she's still in business, and it's been 10 yrs, I guess ppl CAN change, but if she were my rat, i'd not go to her...

They would examine her on the spot and would not need to keep her overnight. Don't get talked into going to anybody but the vets that Lyndsy recommended; it is expensive (and often a total waste) to see a vet that doesn't know about rats.

I think her equilibrium is getting worse :(:(:(:(:(!!!!

I guess I'm busing into Courtice tomorrow. I'm going to call in before I leave to be sure. It's so sad just holding her, even though she acts perfectly fine when I do. It's just the equilibrium.. the whole balance staggering issue. Ayyyeee, well. Thank you again, so so much! and thank you everybody else as well.

I'll be sure to let you know how she does in the days to come..

Hope she makes out OK and sometimes we have to go out of our way to get things done. Don't leave this, its not going to get better on its own.

Back