Help! My newer rat is injured and won't come out from under fridge

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratty94minibear

I've had borris and bendy for just under a month now. Borris ended up escaping while I was cleaning their cage and ended up under my fridge. I've had so many rats before so at first I know to leave food and water and attempt to lure or in a safe manner manage to trap him. Until today I was trying and almost had him out when I was shocked to see his tail is detached close to his behind. It doesn't look good . He isn't exactly scared of me as I've been regularly handling him to help tame. But he is timid and doesn't come 100% of the time. I rescued him and his brother from being snake food and they appear to have been maybe purposely scared by humans or maybe abused as at first they were more skittish then many others I've gotten. I need him out in order to give him medical attention . I'm a vet tech/ assistant but that doesn't help me get him out asap. Please help

You've put Bendy's cage on the floor as bait? Or even put the cage on 5he floor and have Bendy elsewhere while the door is open to the cage? Remove the water source you left out and only leave the bottle in the cage for now.

Yes I have, but I also tried putting my husband's winter tuc on the floor right up against the refrigerator over night and this morning he was fast asleep inside. It was hard to do the cage thing as his twin brother also lives in it . Obviously I didn't leave his brother in it but as I said they were both very skittish. His brother is actually slightly more jumpy than borris. So switching between cages kinda stresses him out

Back