Help me, i have 23 baby rats.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godmother said:
Joanne said:
hopefloats said:
she should really go with the others :( she needs babies her age! who took them, if she is tiny just sneak her in LOL
I agree. Just tuck her in with the two going to Godmother. She'll never notice!
LOL, sounds good to me. Who me? ... I can't count!!
SQ has you trained well...... :giggle:

Lol, resistance is futile!! It will be lovely to have lively young ones again. I have names tentatively chosen-- just have to meet them to know who gets each name.

Godmother said:
Lol, resistance is futile!! It will be lovely to have lively young ones again. I have names tentatively chosen-- just have to meet them to know who gets each name.

:shock: names already?!?! I have had mine for a while, and the only one that is probably named is the one that my co-worker named (Boris) although I myself am not fond of that name :lol2: I want a theme kind of names this time around, so any suggestions? And did you want me to post pictures of your little ones when I get them? They will have to go in with my girls (more than likely) until we meet, but I am sure they will be happy to be back with their sisters (by girls I mean from the same group, I would never put them in with my adults until they are older lol)

I'd love to see pictures. The liveliest one will be Katie. The most nurturing one will be Gwen, and the calmest one will be Eunice. If one of the names doesn't suite, I have a backup: Selena or Rosemary.

If you are looking for themes, musicians are a great choice. Or Greek goddesses. This little group is named after some favorite people.

awwww such sweet names! i will have to create a naming thread when i get a chance lol. I asked hayden what we should named them, he said "jakes" i told him we couldn't name them all jake, then he informed me that our dogs name was jake so we couldn't name any of them that (which i knew but was teasing him haha) so then he suggested we name them "babies" >_<

Just wanted to let godmother know that I got her babies! I will have to find some way to tell them apart from mine (if i put them in with their sisters) lol, but will post pictures when I get home ^_^

That leaves 5 boys that apparently are not going to NL after all, but I think we did pretty good lol

You did an excellent job ! :thumbup:

So 5 baby boys still in need of homes ..... :stickpoke:
How long do they have before being taken to a pet store where they will end up as snake food?

I asked elsewhere ....
The 5 baby boys need to be gone by Wednesday

5boys.jpg

5 beautiful baby boys desperately need help immediately!
(The two with xs have found homes ....)

Hope someone can give them homes or take them in to continue the rehoming process ....

imo, much better to have them humanely pts then dumped at a pet store ....
wish I could help but I already have 30 rescues ....

Well she never said anything to me, so I have no idea, all I know is her mom keeps extending it, she has a soft spot for them me thinks, but I only know what I was told......where was this "elsewhere" of which you got your info if I may ask?

On the Maritime Rat Rescue facebook page it says that they need to be gone before Wednesday as that is when school starts.
Sorry, I was not trying to be mysterous ... and that is all the info. I have.

You have done an amazing job
... I just hope people are able to help the last 5 babies, Minifrog ....

I was wrong. :sad3:

The 5 adorable baby boys only have until tomorrow ..... according to the post on Maritine Rat Rescue facebook.
Can anyone save a life or 2?

5boys.jpg

(I am not trying to make anyone feel bad .... unfortunately this is just the way it is ....)

according to the facebook group the person who owns these rats works at the pet store they will be going to...she seems to feel that she will be able to keep them from going as feeders....so hopefully they will find good homes as pets.

Yes Dahlas this is true. At that store they have tanks labeled "Pets only" and "Feeders only" and the feeders are a few bucks cheaper. I asked why, they told me that it was because pets come with that 15 day warranty, which is optional, you could buy a feeder as a pet, but who would buy their snake a rat that is more expensive when there are cheaper ones available eh? This is the same pet store that I got Alice from.

Dahlas, this is your last chance for that little fawn boy and an agouti *temptation* LOL

I know of cases where people were promised that babies would not be sold as feeders ....
they went as feeders. Once they are gone as feeders, it is too late to do anything.
That store may be different but if they run out òf babies in the feeder tank .... the 5 baby boys will be snake food (whether or not they are put into the feeder tank).

Plus, according to the person that has them ... "every animal has to eat" ... "
so sounds like she is ok with it :(

(Edit: Entire quote from facebook since there seems to be some contraversity, "and every animal has to eat, i know nobody on this group wants to hear that and i'm not starting any drama or fights. i LOVE rat's with a passion, i've had 14 at one time. no babies or anything, i just loved them that much. but every animal has to eat, it's just like people that eat animal's.")

Edit: I agree, she went out on a limb and did an amazing thing by taking of those babies home, caring for them and rehoming most of them.
I am simply trying to comment on the dangerous position the 5 babies are in and pointing out that they still need help.

MiniFrog said:
Yes Dahlas this is true. At that store they have tanks labeled "Pets only" and "Feeders only" and the feeders are a few bucks cheaper. I asked why, they told me that it was because pets come with that 15 day warranty, which is optional, you could buy a feeder as a pet, but who would buy their snake a rat that is more expensive when there are cheaper ones available eh? This is the same pet store that I got Alice from.

Dahlas, this is your last chance for that little fawn boy and an agouti *temptation* LOL

If I could I would take all 5...they are so beautiful ..

Ok, she is not okay with it, but she does not like the idea of having them PTS, what she meant was "if you are going to kill them (by putting them to sleep) then allow another animal to eat afterwards" I am not trying to start a controversy, but an example would be when we went to the zoo, we got to see the "big cat feeding" and they were eating horse. They did not kill the horse to feed the cats, the horse died of natural causes, so instead of putting it in the ground for bugs to eat, they fed the cats with it. Circle of life. I have gotten to know Kathleen quite well over these past few weeks, and like I said, she does NOT want them to end up dying either way. But you cannot save them all, 80% of those babies were though (even though 24% was me LOL).

Like I said, I do NOT want to start a controversy, just trying to clear things up, and stand up for someone who is unable to do so herself. And since she works there, she can make sure they do not end up in the feeder tank, and she can chat with people who may buy them. She has done everything she could, if she could keep them she would, but her mother will not allow it, so what more can she do? As it is, her mother keeps extending the cut off date to allow her more time to find homes, and if it was meant to be, it would have happened....she has posted everywhere she could think of, and I have harassed everyone I could think of......

Back