Help me, i have 23 baby rats.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopefloats said:
She said she is going to "take them to a pet store if they are not all gone by sept 2nd" So I would convince her to give them to a rescue...........pet store equals snakes bellies.
I am doing some background checking on HART.....

Regarding HART:
Two responses so far, both positive. This lady is mainly a cat rescue though, and may not have much knowledge about rats. I spoke to a vet tech at the lady's vet and she said her heart is in the right place and she is diligent in getting the animals the vet attention they need. Her vet does not have much rat experience, but hopefully the babies wouldn't need medical attention anyway.

I passed that message on to her. She is currently concerned because one of the baby boys has a lump:

1345776285431.jpg

someone came to get 2 males ended up taking 5, and someone else is going to her place for 2 females, so 12 down, 13 left (6 girls and 7 boys)

Just look at these little faces :heart:

IMG_2168.jpg

So I was mistaken, the one taking a single male baby already picked him up, it is the person that *may* be taking a female (don't worry these people have other rats as far as I know) so here are the babies that are left:

7 Males:
185125_3545854376176_870183947_n.jpg

5 Females (not sure which one that other girl wants though)
292425_3545882936890_1034546621_n.jpg

To give you an idea as to how big they are, my smallest (fawn) is 23g and my largest (blackie) is 41g of the 5 I took in

Kathleen said there was someone from the forum that wanted to adopt a couple, but she is not able to really use the forum, if you are this person, or even if you were not, and interested, she has until Sunday to find homes for the remaining 9, so you can either send her a message on face book or to me, and I can pass it on. If you are not sure where she lives, or know Sackville that well, I am willing to go with you if you like, all you gotta do is ask! (Provided you are coming from the same way I am lol, otherwise we would have to find a meeting point)

So here is the update: There are currently 3 females left, but 2 are going to Godmother (I am going to pick them up and hang on to them until we can meet) leaving only one little agouti girl, possibly the "runt" depending on which one comes home with the hooded girl. That leaves 6 boys, which are possibly going on a road trip to NL for a facebook ratshacker (sorry not sure if she is on here as well lol).

Any takers on the last little agouti girl?

she should really go with the others :( she needs babies her age! who took them, if she is tiny just sneak her in LOL

hopefloats said:
she should really go with the others :( she needs babies her age! who took them, if she is tiny just sneak her in LOL
I agree. Just tuck her in with the two going to Godmother. She'll never notice!

Oh I so wish I could take her, but im too far away and like you said she needs ratties her age. I think my big boys would just scare her hehe

I think sunday is the deadline then it is off to a petstore for the remaining babies. Correct me if I am wrong amy.

Sunday is the deadline, but if we are unable to meet before then she is allowed to keep the ones I am taking for a bit longer, because her mom knows I WILL be in lol. She also asked me to take a second male that she has grown fond of but is not allowed to keep, she wants to watch him grow up kind of thing (on facebook, plus there is no reason why visiting would not happen) so looks like I am getting another one haha. That leaves 5 boys that apparently (according to her post on facebook) that still need homes, but 5 out of 25 aint that bad eh?

I am glad that the little girl will be with her sisters, lol, I didn't want to guilt you into it GodMother, but she will be much happier.

Back