Hello from Vancouver Island, British Columbia

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they are both the same cat! Ben is up in Nanaimo with my daughter,
I will try and get pics soon.

Oh - I forgot *claps hand with delight* you are on the same timeline as me so it's 10 pm - not 1 in the morning when most of the initial Rat Shack people are sleeping :D

That is so cool that Ben doesn't even live with you and yet you join a foremostly rattie site to share you and your kids with us. Not everyone knows the song 'Ben' was written for a rattie, but I'm sure it's warmed many hearts who do know that towards ratties over the years. And here's Ben bringing you to us!
HRatFat2.gif
He must be one of those special 'heart ratties', we've all had them and stories to tell if we've had enough ratties to have one of them - one that just especially gets to people, even people that didn't like them previously. Or one that led like-minded people together, or one that did something very special like saving a life or just being himself and enhancing a life....

I hope that if it is really what you want that you get to have ratties of your own. But you don't need ratties to be a heart we can all feel comfy with. Spirits are spirits no matter what body they find themselves in and you are making sure that some will be there to give you comfort when you get to heaven. Cause you are teaching them that here. Blessings.

My animals generally find their way to me.
It has always worked out well this way.
So when the time is right and a rattie comes knocking.. it will be welcomed with open arms. Ben is going to show us how charming rats can be, he will turn the non-believer's into believers!
I have the "Ben Song" the lyrics are very beautiful and touch the heart.
Fidget, don't forget healing touch for Summer, if it can work for humans, there's no reason why we can't use it for the animals we care about.
Hope tomorrow brings a new and better day for you both.
Trisha

ben said:
don't forget healing touch for Summer, if it can work for humans, there's no reason why we can't use it for the animals we care about.
This kid is on my bed with me more often than not. I hold her kiss her and tell her all my thoughts about how much I love her and how precious she is and that I'm doing all I can and she must stay strong while I figure out how to fix it. I hold her while I lift my face to heaven and pray very hard for one of those rare miracles that she deserves as much as any human. I've reminded God that she has only him and me to rely on, not even a vet and needs some extra effort from us both. I've held her and cried, I've held her and tried to push my determination into her, I've held her while my mind told transcended my need for her to be ok.

Mostly I haven't yet given up the hope that while she hasn't healed yet even with those touches it doesn't mean she won't tomorrow.

ben said:
Fidget I am 1 1/2hrs away from you in beautiful Youbou. (pronounced Yew-bow ! )
The dogs are Tye-Boy, Bailey (F) and Kody (M)
The Russian blue cat was my saddest rescue, thrown down a 15 ft concrete window well at the hospital that I work at in 40 degree weather.
There for 3 days, no pads from trying to climb up, dehydrated, wormy, with lice and needed surgery for a prolapse.
All this when your 9 wks old. I let my husband name him 8) and it got "Woody" in the door! He has extra toes on the front paws, I forget the term for it.
The pic below is when I first brought him home .. very sick baby. The other is my newest a feral kitten named "Zee". She goes in to be spayed this week.
Fidget I will be thinking of you and Summer and hope she rallies for you.
She couldn't have a better caregiver than you!

Woody.jpg

zee.jpg

It's called a polydactyl! :D

Back