Harlan run *bad news* :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad news. :( They aren't too happy with the volume of the order, I would need to meet them when their truck comes, Thursday afternoon and they would charge me extra for handling.
I can't do it. Driving 5 hours there, I can't pinpoint an exact date and time, it all depends on the weather so I'm going to have to back out of the order. I was really hoping I could do this for you guys. :sad3: It's really crappy.

:(
Very sorry, but completely understandable ...
Thanks for trying

Impracticle ideas:
Jo, what if you made several orders by different members of your family to all be picked up on the same day or over a couple of days? I'm sure that with this many people, we could cover the cost of overnight accomadations ... If you collected 25 boxes between now and then, you could take the empty addressed boxes in the van and tape them up & mail them in Guelph instead of transporting them back with you.

Too bad there isn't anyone in the Guelph that was willing to take something like this on.
I'm sure you could charge $10 a bag for your time. ... which would make it worth your while and help a lot of people ....

Oh that is to bad....but understandable. It was alot to do to begin with....to do a 5 hour drive to pick up food and then mail it all out was beyond generous but to have to go on a certain day and time and pay extra for handling.......to much for sure.
Don't feel bad it was a good try....maybe someone closer would be able to do it.

jorats said:
Bad news. :( They aren't too happy with the volume of the order, I would need to meet them when their truck comes, Thursday afternoon and they would charge me extra for handling.
I can't do it. Driving 5 hours there, I can't pinpoint an exact date and time, it all depends on the weather so I'm going to have to back out of the order. I was really hoping I could do this for you guys. :sad3: It's really crappy.

Sorry Jo, I was worried that might be the case.

Are you at least going to be able to pick up the bags you need for yourself?

aww man. That sucks. It's ok Jo! We can get along just fine.

How much extra are they gonna charge you? We could pay more than 20$ I'm sure if you need to pay more.

I'm going to driving to Kitchener on Feb. 6th. (To see David Cassidy! :bunnydance: )

I'll stop by the store in Guelph and buy as many bags as they let me. When I get home I'll let you guys know what I have on hand. I know you east coast rat ladies are in dire straights.

If you guys are willing to pre-pay I'm willing to do another proper Harlan run in the spring/early summer. I can't right now because I have water & mouse issues in my garage. I won't be able to store extra bags until I can address those problems, and with the $1,000 minimum order I know I'll need to be storing quite a bit.

I think that pre-paying is the only thing that makes sense, to protect the person who is organizing the order. Count me in, and thanks. It is no easy task to get proper food for our kiddos.

MumsyRat said:
I'm going to driving to Kitchener on Feb. 6th. (To see David Cassidy! :bunnydance: )

I'll stop by the store in Guelph and buy as many bags as they let me. When I get home I'll let you guys know what I have on hand. I know you east coast rat ladies are in dire straights.

If you guys are willing to pre-pay I'm willing to do another proper Harlan run in the spring/early summer. I can't right now because I have water & mouse issues in my garage. I won't be able to store extra bags until I can address those problems, and with the $1,000 minimum order I know I'll need to be storing quite a bit.

Hey Elizabeth - just make sure you place an order before stopping by the store, because if not then they wont have any available for you...or atleast thats my understanding

well that sucks....good thing we found out about the regal rat thing here then in Moncton...we're getting to the point we need to start getting food again. I don't get why Harlan doesn't make it more available to people in Canada when there is an obviouse need for it.

Harlan isn't interested in retail just wholesale ... hence the min order was raised from a few hundred $s to $1 000 last year.

Count me in.
Prepaying is necessary! Not just so no one would get stuck but that is a lot of money to come up with on ones own.

I know have a van (or so I was informed this evening, LOL) so I would be able to help you with some transport if you wanted, Mumsy.

I also have some storage space at my work that might come in handy.

Back