Harlan available from this website?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godmother said:
The only way a Harlan run would work is if we all paid in advance and if Mumsyrat had some helpers for unloading, delivering, and mailing. I am very grateful to have had Harlan for my ratties, and I would always be in on a Harlan run. If Mumsy can't find volunteers to help, I'd be willing to pay extra to help fund the hiring of helpers.

"Pied Piper" has offered to help with the Harlan run. I'm pretty close to having a plan in place & it shouldn't be much longer now.

You don't need to worry LA. Once the order is done I'm going to have several spare bags stored in a freezer. When your supplies get low you could always pick some up when you're in town.

Mumsy if you're looking for someone else to pitch in to help fill the order - we're game over here! We could even make the trip out to Barrie to p/u im sure (Bri's family lives around alliston so its not THAT much further...)

Cityratt said:
Mumsy if you're looking for someone else to pitch in to help fill the order - we're game over here! We could even make the trip out to Barrie to p/u im sure (Bri's family lives around alliston so its not THAT much further...)

Thanks Cityratt! You wouldn't have to drive to Barrie, just Mississauga.
I have a couple of people in Guelph & Kitchener who want to get Harlan also.
I could put you in charge of delivering to them.

MumsyRat said:
You don't need to worry LA. Once the order is done I'm going to have several spare bags stored in a freezer. When your supplies get low you could always pick some up when you're in town.

Thanks Mumsy that would be great.

I too am confused on the Soy front. We dont want it in our blocks but we can give soy milk as a treat or to mask meds?

I checked with Global here in town. I went in last Thursday and thankfully I did because it was the owners last day. The new owner will be taking over so no go with the harlan there. But I will find out from my friends if they need anymore.

Mumsy I'm coming to Barrie this coming Wednesday (16th) I'm going to bring that cage back to you. Probably will be in the evening.

I would like to get a bag or two if I could...not sure what the min order is per person......but there is Beth, Me and the shelter who will need it in this area......so 18 rats......

Guess they will be eating oxbow for awhile ....

Good to hear that something is being set up.
I know that I will want 4 or 5 bags of the 2014.

Dahlas ... as far as I know, the min order is 1 bag.
But it is a long time between orders ...

Hmm I'm thinking of going in for a bag. I am on my fourth last container and they go through one at least a month. 6 eat more then 3 at the time I ordered.

Mumsy put me in for 1 bag 2014.

Mumsy - I would like to get some Harlan as well (and would be happy to bring some back to the Guelph area for others as well) I just dont know what I need? How much does a bag go for and how big are said bags?

SQ could you give me a rough idea on how long a bag of 2014 would last 10 rats? I have a freezer...but not much money
Oh and how much is a bag?.....

I have read that a rat eats about 1 Ib of lab blocks per month.
The bags are 33 Ibs each so 1 bag should last ten rats a little over 3 months,
Of course that isn't counting the ones discarded as they were burried in the well used litter box, etc. And growing youngsters may eat more than adults ...
(One bag lasts me around one month ... but I have 26 at present.)

The largest cost for us here in the maritimes is the mailing cost.
Dahlas, the price per bag was what I charged you for the bag of 2018.
When the last order was done in Dec., a bag was about $17 plus part of the cost of the truck rental, plus the mailing cost.
But the price may have gone up ... given the grain shortages, increasing price of fuel, etc.
I'm sure MumsyRat will be able to let us know the price.

I do know that the price wasn't anymore than buying poorer quality blocks locally.

Back