Hannah - Cabergoline - RIP :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's gone :sad3:

Last night she was fine, this morining she was unable to clean with her paws and she was walking low to the ground, came home at 3 she was not moving a whole lot, eyes chaulked with porph, took her up, mixed up some food, put it in front of her on a spoon, and she started shaking and boggling, hiting the air with her paws, for a few seconds, after that she had no movement in any of her paws, she could only move on her belly, we rushed to the vet, she just layed in my arms, we put her on the exam table for Dr. D. to see, he said right away ..did she take a seziure ..both us and our vet decided this was time, we could have waited to see if she got better, but I never wanted to put her through it.
The last thing my vet said to me was: "these animals are the luckist animals I have ever seen, they could not ask for a better home".

Her next pill was due tomorrow, I never started the full pill yet.

Rest In Peace Girly, you fought a good fight. No more forcing yucky pills into you. Run free with Momma, Tucker, Hunter, Sophie, Bruno & Alice :heart:

Today was day 22 since the first sign of PT, she made it further than Momma and Sophie who had 5 days :(
I'll put a memorial up later, right now I'm not up to it </3

So sorry to hear you lost your girl :( It's been a sad day for shackers....the vet was right though, a truly great home.

Oh Renee... this is heartbreaking. :cry4: I feel so much for you! :hugs:

Little Hannah is in a better place now, no more pain... but I'm sure she misses you just as much as you miss her.

You two fought a good fight, and I couldn't agree more with your vet - you are definitely one of the best homes there can possibly be for a rat...

I am so sorry. Hannah put up a good fight, and all of us who have struggled with PT appreciate you and your vet for giving the new drug a try.

May she be dancing at the bridge with the other girlies who died today of PT.

Hugs to you. It must be hard to lose her so suddenly, just when she seemed to be doing so well.

:hugs: By everything I have read here, your heart and home is one of the best places to be, so Hannah had the best of care and the best love she or any other little rattie could wish for!

I still have lot's of Cabergoline left, so next time I have to deal with PT, I can start it early and maybe it will help some more + Hannah was very fussy with meds ..which played a big part in this.

Back