Hannah - Cabergoline - RIP :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonights meds went well, but of course its not pill night :giggle:

Took some cute pic's, figured I'd share.

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

Hannah (squished), Oscar and Chole running up the ladder
IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_3881.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

This is how I eat my food, eat my food, eat my food
IMG_3914.jpg

jorats said:
Maybe she's waiting for a fork and knife... hopefully she gets the hang of holding it soon enough.

:giggle: I think she could hold it if she would try ..she do't even attempt ..but yet she can clean her nose and ears with her paws, ad walk up ladders, etc ..silly girl!

Just gave Hannah her pill disolved in water by putting syringe past the flap of skin in the throat.

We tested it fisrt with just water, before we even injected the water she was drooling, but as soon as we did she did swallow, I guess the drooling is from the gagging? because she was drooling before any thing was injected and it was just the syringe ..but she did swallow once it was injected :)

Lilspaz do you find yours drool when doing this method?

Thanks Smilez.

Today is day 21 since the first sign of PT. Day 14 with the Cabergoline pills - 1/2 a pill ever three days - 5 doses so far.

- No Head Bumping
- No Nipping
- Still Able to sit at the edge of the couch and clean her face, able to clean bum when supported by something.
- Weight has gone from 520 grams to 540 grams.
- Tries to hold food with one hand ..better than not trying at all ..this only started yesterday.
- Still jumps off the couch and runs around with tail off the ground.
- Still able to make her way around the double CN and get into hammies ..with 8 siblings living with her.
- No change in the mammary tumors.
- Both eyes are the same size.

When we started the Cabegoline:
- Head Bumping
-Nipping lots at fingers
- No dept perception, un able to go close to the edge without falling.
- Right eye alot bigger than the left
- Weight - 520 grams
- Falling off shelves in the CN
- Unable to hold food, gave up easily

Slowly.

It bothers me that she cannot eat with two paws. But as long as shes happy thats all that matters.

Now that I can get all the pill in her, it may start looking up a big faster. Its been almost a month now :)

I get to spend every two hours feeding her with a spoon and I get lots of cuddles ..each day is a blessing, because my last two PT cases only had 5 days.

Bad News, ,got up this morning to find Hannah with a decline.
She's not able to get up high enough to eat from her dish, she can only eat from a low spoon.
She unable to sit and clean.
She's walking low to the ground.

I looked at some stuff online about the Cabergoline, and it says a dose should be given every three days ..but it states a dose is 0.5 mg (tablet) ..my tablets are 0.5 but I am only giving half a tablet every 3 days. Maybe this is why she was staying stable, but no great improvement? Maybe I should be giving a full pill every 3 days? :panic:

lilspaz68 said:
I would ask your vet. Poor Momma...or maybe its time to add steroids to the mix?

She is getting 0.6 pred daily + baytril.

Seems to me like the half a pill was more maintaining the symptoms.

Calling my vet shortly.

I got the ok from my vet to give Hannah a full pill every 3 days instead of half.

I am finding the 1/2 a pill for 3 days last 1.5 days, so the full one should last 3 days!

Keep you fingers, toes and paws cross that this works!

Back