Grace went in to be spayed

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all depends on the clinic as far as if they have a vet tech sitting in as the receptionist too. I used to work at a vet clinic and I was the receptionist but I was also a vet tech. We gave out post op instructions and stuff like that. Also one of the clinics I now go to always has vet techs up at the front desk answering phones and being receptionists.

You're exactly right. For me, I was just a receptionist... I didn't have any vet tech training, so in a position like mine, I wouldn't have been able to give any info out. But if the vet tech was cross-trained as a receptionist, then that'd be fine. I should have clarified that. :3

Grace is doing well and healed up nicely.

Took her in to the exotic vet that my vet back in NB had recommended, just to make sure that the vet at the other place had done a good job.
Grace looks good to the vet. :D
The visit cost twice as much as one with my vet in NB :(

So now, I guess it is time to schedule 6 spays and 6 neuters ... my student loan came in yesterday
... will have to sacrifice a bit - Hey, I could stand to lose some weight :lol: but the ratties will their surgeries.

Oh wow, that's going to cost you quite a bit. You need to make a raffle or some kind of fundraiser... and give yourself a rescue name. Lord knows you do so much for all rats needing homes.

Actually, my rattie adoption contract is called "Sunshine Rat Rescue". :)

Named after my cat Sunshine who died at 19 years, and about 2 or 3 months. Sunshine had been terminally ill for over two years - frequent vet visits and lots of trips out of province for checkups at the PEI vet college. We were together over 19 years and I miss him ....
Sunshine was behind my getting Caleb, Cindy, and Jordan.

As for the raffle, well they are all rescues and the 5 young girls are up for adoption but I will probably end up keeping all of them ... very hard to find good homes ...
The others have been with me for so long, I got very attached and stopped putting them up for adoption. It would have to be an amazing home for me to be able to part with them.

Grace is doing very well. :D
She is starting to adjust to the younger girls - big change from the small group of 4 I have had her living in.

I always notice a big change in personality when my guys join a bigger group, for the better, like they come to life more. Have you noticed something similar?

Joy, Hope, and Faith were two moms and baby girl I got on Dec 1. Grace is older mom I got from snake owner in Jan. The 4 girls have been living together since early Jan.

Have been doing intros with them (for hours at a time) and the 5, five month old girls godmother was fostering for me. She brought them to me a few weeks ago. Last night was the first time the nine girls have been together for such a long time (24+ hours). Will give them some time to adjust but if girls don't improve will try them with the group containing 1 year olds and almost 2 year olds.

Back