Got a sick girl here...sad update :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kamali already seems to be doing better on her new cocktail, and she resists injections more. :roll: I am thinking of going the oral route with her and see if it makes much of a difference.

She is having a good day :thumbup:

Kamalilooksprettygood.jpg

What a dear little face! I am so glad that she continues to do better, despite the poor prognosis.

She looks so much better in the last picture! Her sisters send lots of snuggles and ratty-kisses.

I'm sorry the diagnosis is not good :( I hope the meds can keep her breathing comfortably. She sure is a pretty little thing, and looks good in her picture there.

Well it looks like we are on the downward spiral. She has lost so much weight and just can't stop losing. :( She is now exhibiting costal breathing (using her diaphragm and thoracic muscles to get more air into her lungs. But she is always cool to the touch, especially her extremities. I just lowered all the levels/ramps for her in the FN. I just got my scale again, and she has lost 100 grams over 2.5 months. :(

And here is Kyrie her huuge sister with the unresponsive URI...not even baytril/zithro (a week now) is doing much. :( Ahhh my lovely little maritimers :cry:

I know how you feel Shelagh, my poor sweet Simon is in the same predicament. He's got dyspnea, losing weight fast, and gasping. He's been on Baytril, Zithromax, prednisone and I tried Mucomyst. It must be pulmonary abscesses at this point. :cry:

jorats said:
I know how you feel Shelagh, my poor sweet Simon is in the same predicament. He's got dyspnea, losing weight fast, and gasping. He's been on Baytril, Zithromax, prednisone and I tried Mucomyst. It must be pulmonary abscesses at this point. :cry:

Awww. Our poor ratkids. :(

Kamali has finally given up. :cry: I have to wait until 11 am to see if I can get her into That Vet's clinic. The good part is that I get to be with and hold her while he gasses her down. I hope he can fit us in today!!

Back