Godmother's adorable babies: photos

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if Gardenia's girls would turn out to be smeezes. They started out very light, and I'd hoped for at least one PEW, but they are going to be gorgeous no matter what.
Plump, healthy and kissable!

My biggest worry would be possibility of megacolon. Are some high whites?

Oh what memories those precious babies bring back for me.
2 years ago I has 15 of them!!!

They are SO PRECIOUS !!! :rathugz: :ilike: :rathugz:
Only thing wrong with them is they grow up waaaay too fast.

I've been reluctant to disturb the moms lately. Wellie in particular gets very freaked out when I take her babies out for a look. She moved them after my last look.

They are adorable. Wellie's babies have eyes!

So frustrating! I try to load multiple photos, and only one of the three came out. Photo below is of Garenia's babies, who were 12 days old in this photo. I'll post Wellie's babes in the next post.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry that they are iPhone photos. Once the babes are three weeks old, I'll have a proper photo shoot with my hubby's digital SLR. I've been very pressed for time.

These are Macey's babies, two weeks old in this photo. Some had their eyes open. They are strong and lively!

image.jpg

At least you have some pretty colors. Have you taken momma out first then mess with the babies? that would be a good time to put the 3 mommas in a playpen to hang out and have big girl time then you can handle the babes more.

I'll try that. My playpen is downstairs from the rat room, and I was afraid to take the moms out of earshot of the babies. Wellie is skittish, the other two girls much braver. Wish I'd had them a little longer before they gave birth.

How portable is the playpen? Can you bring it into the same room temporarily?

And I love how the babies have some different colours and patterns!

The playpen is portable, but it would making moving around in the room almost impossible. I'd love to have the mamas busy so that I could take photos and do their cages more often. Soon they will really need it! I dread the day that the babies start to poop on their own. Can't be far away!

Macey's babies were due for a new best box. I also needed to fortify the cage to make sure that babies can't get stuck or get too close to downstairs' adult rats.

The babies are running around, oh so cute! And BlueSky was right when she spotted a little Rex from the photos from several days ago. I'd thought it might be a blue Rattie, but she's a dumbo with very sparse hair.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back