Girls have arrived/spay done/time to meet boys

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they are older girls I would put them with older boys ones who are not going to be a pita to them. I try to keep the girls ages close to the boys. WE had our first rape injury here, Joey the daddy to the two litters wouldnt stop mounting Maisey II so I pulled those girls from That group and introduced them to Tank and Diesel. The younger boys seem to not care they are not fixed as much so keep an eye on them, this was the first time I had a girl bleed from a jerk boy humping I freaked out LOL but we hve done tons of boy girl intros and lke I said ths is the first one.

Tucker was a year old in Oct/Nov and we think the girls are around 11 months. Tucker is neutered - do neutered boys care about getting "their hump on?"

Tucker was a year old in Oct/Nov and we think the girls are around 11 months. Tucker is neutered - do neutered boys care about getting "their hump on?"
After Albert and Eddie were neutered and intro'd to the girls, Albert bred the girls when they were in heat for a few months. Eddie thought about it but he was much younger so didn't really know much about it. They don't bother much any more.

I would like to intro them to Peanut, but I think it would be too much stress for Axe... Maybe I will try anyway..

Peanut and Axe meet the girls yesterday. Axe wasn't so impressed and after awhile we put him back in his cage since his breathing was becoming more labored and we didn't want him stressing out more than he needed to.

Peanut however got his groove on as much as a coconut can anyway... He was also protecting Axe from the chicks. He got a grooming and did a little grooming. However, he is not neutered and has a large set of gonads which the girls were quite interested in.... :laugh2: Peanut however, did not seem so thrilled to have his gonads tugged at, sniffed, etc - but he let them... One did try to flip him - like that was going to happen ... They played jump over and jump on the Peanut. They tried the head under him dominance thing, but he said no to that. Mostly they ingored each other, but Peanut got exercise...

Back