*gag*a new Toronto Breeder - Trisha's Pets :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, looks like as I suspected, baby rat Bindi who is now EIGHT weeks old has had her first litter..

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=681369755273151&id=632075420202585

"We have babies! Born last night! Mommy is a dumbo Rex masked all have milk bellies"

Bindi at 3 weeks
10521094_663376277072499_8783614755563512873_n.jpg

Bindi at 8 weeks after having her litter of 9:
10590646_681369561939837_7530440148944258182_n.jpg

10568956_681369508606509_8994526661255124927_n.jpg

This makes my skin crawl.

They weren't planning to have another litter until september between 2 different rats, so I guess this was an 'oopsie' litter.. big surprise when you keep a female in a cage with 3 intact males!! ugh

Last edited:
OMG that is horribly disgusting. If I were to report this could anything be actually done about it. They say every month for rats is equal to 2.5 years for humans. So this baby is less than 5 years old in human years and I know we as a society wouldn't be okay with that.

OMG that is horribly disgusting. If I were to report this could anything be actually done about it. They say every month for rats is equal to 2.5 years for humans. So this baby is less than 5 years old in human years and I know we as a society wouldn't be okay with that.

I was thinking the same! It doesn't hurt to try. I hope something can be done

If the records on her page are accurate, Bindie would be around 9 weeks old now, meaning she was bred at what.. 5 weeks? And she's confirmed that it is in fact Bindie:

"Bindies babies are now almost 1 week old!"

As per her page, Bindie's date of birth is June 16 2014.

So either she can't count or is a blatant liar.. This is so disgusting.

This is terrifying. God, I'll steer clear of this b*#$%. Gah, those poor creatures. I'd email her, but I definitively don't know nearly as much about rat keeping than you guys. Keep bombarding her, maybe this'll stop. Can't you contact the SPCA?

I commented saying that Bindie is only 9 weeks old as per the records on her facebook page.. And it looks like she's deleted the entire post.. *sigh*

This is terrifying. God, I'll steer clear of this b*#$%. Gah, those poor creatures. I'd email her, but I definitively don't know nearly as much about rat keeping than you guys. Keep bombarding her, maybe this'll stop. Can't you contact the SPCA?

Good question Ravveth....CAN the SPCA be contacted about this? Also, what is this monster's current contact email? So I can bombard her with some swift kicks to her a**?

Another question for you more knowledgeable folks here on the forum...this idiot cannot possibly be making cash hand over fist with this, can she? Breeders do not go around selling rats for 50 bucks a pop or anything...so I do not see what she gets out of this. Oh, I would like to have five minutes in a closed room with her and a baseball bat.

Good question Ravveth....CAN the SPCA be contacted about this? Also, what is this monster's current contact email? So I can bombard her with some swift kicks to her a**?

Another question for you more knowledgeable folks here on the forum...this idiot cannot possibly be making cash hand over fist with this, can she? Breeders do not go around selling rats for 50 bucks a pop or anything...so I do not see what she gets out of this. Oh, I would like to have five minutes in a closed room with her and a baseball bat.

I have sent an email to the SPCA regarding the breeding situation in the GTA. She was among one of the bybs I mentioned. Whether they will actually do something idk but I hope so. Even a strongly worded letter from the right people may scare some of the newb bybs at least.

As for making money I'm not so sure about this specific breeder but yeah you certainly could make some good money breeding rats if you do all the wrong things.

Atlantis is charging $40 for dwarfs, harleys, merles and martens. If she has one litter of 5 (a small litter) that's $200. A litter of 10 would be $400. From July 13 to August 6 she had 6 litters (that we know of) and made about $1380.00

If you were only having the occasional litter as an ethical breeder would do you couldn't make much money that way. But when you have 5-8 litters a month every month you could. The key is not providing them proper care because lets face it having appropriate cages, food and vet care can get expensive and that wouldn't be good for our bottom line.

Good points across the board. I sent her several emails a while ago, as did several of you, but it sounds like she just ignores everyone and has no intention of stopping. Not sure what else to do with an ignorant and very stubborn monster like her. I really hate her, and I know, hate is a strong word, sorry.

Trihkal, good for you for contacting the SPCA about this...did they say they will follow up with you on this or give you anything to hope for?

Yeah. I tried talking with her as well. She isn't open to help it seems.

They have not followed up with me. I intend to email again if I don't hear back soon. After that though maybe there's not much they can do? Idk

Ooh dear! This is nuts. Can someone PM me info? I want to call my girls at the SPCA here to have one of them contact the Toronto SPCA see if there is more urgency from another agency. Shannon said her or Nikki would if I got info.

I just want to know who is adopting all these. Where they are finding homes. I have found it hard to get homes for a full litter we always end up with stragglers that dont get homes.

Back