*gag*a new Toronto Breeder - Trisha's Pets :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rainbow managed to adopt out 7 of the 8 babies sadly which means they are finding a demand...sigh.

They also are still adopting out at barely 4 weeks or even less. May 31st DOB and ready end of June...sigh poor little bubs :(

I just wanted to post here because I got an email from crumbilina and lilspaz. That post advising people not to go to this breeder was me. :) LOL I was so sick of people asking me if my rats were from "breeders" I had to post something lol.

So I figured out the timing they are using for Rainbow Rattery (now on FB) formerly Trisha's Pets.

they are offering a boy that is either 2 months old or almost 3 months old and a 5 weeker boy together from the SAME mom.

I dug up the litters born and found them.

Boy 1 was born April 22 making him now 2.5 months old

Boy 2 was born May 31 making him now 1 month and 10 days. So these are definitely back to backs.

She also starts feeding them solids so she can wean them fully at 3.5-4 weeks of age...poor babies, poor Momma Snow :(

*cringe* i wish this person would disappear.. Apparently in september she'll be getting her second litter out of Curly who is from Atlantis (I recognized the couch ugh). And they've got hedgehog babies on the way.

Also this:

"Bindie, bandit, dumbo and harley " Bindie is a female from Curly's last litter and the other 3 are all males.. :'( She'd probably be happy for the 7 week old babies to start having babies.. faster turnover...

10584070_674627502614043_3246686571328636414_n.jpg

Oh god, I saw the photos of that sweet gray baby rat she was posing for the camera. I wish I could go to where she is and take all those babies from her. I sent her another email and this one was neither polite or diplomatic. I hope she rots.

Oh god, I saw the photos of that sweet gray baby rat she was posing for the camera. I wish I could go to where she is and take all those babies from her. I sent her another email and this one was neither polite or diplomatic. I hope she rots.

I wish she was banned from owning rats by the king of the universe (if only he existed) but as for taking them from her sadly that would probably only encourage her to breed more.

Yes, you are correct. My urge to take all of her kiddos was just that, an emotional urge, and of course it solves nothing. But it was nice to think of for two seconds! :disbelief:

:cuss::cuss::cuss: -- I pray she just stops this!!!!

Not ONLY does this create many many unwanted animals that end up as "disposable" but for the rats it just continues their torture and suffering of all the the ailments they are plagued with. Such as PTs, many other tumors, heart conditions & the list goes on & on.
I wish my Doodles neve got pregnant - but it was an accident & if I could take it back I would. She suffered from a PT & so far 2 of her offspring have died from the same. I take full responsibility & will take care of the remaining 6 giving them whatever they need to have a great life.
Sorry - but this topic hits a nerve with me.

People NEVER LEARN - or they just don't care, which is probably the case.

Rainbow is actually pretty minor compared to Atlantis that just pumped out another 90 babies since June 15

:shock:

I knew she had tons of babies, but when you actually add it all up... I think this Rainbow person mentioned that they had up to 45 or so babies at one time which is still totally ridiculous. It makes me sad that clueless people run and buy from them..

The sad thing is the people go to these 'breeders' because they think they're getting a higher quality, healthier all around better rat vs going to petsmart, but it's all the same overbred for profit bullcrap.

Poor ratties :(

:shock:

I knew she had tons of babies, but when you actually add it all up... I think this Rainbow person mentioned that they had up to 45 or so babies at one time which is still totally ridiculous. It makes me sad that clueless people run and buy from them..

The sad thing is the people go to these 'breeders' because they think they're getting a higher quality, healthier all around better rat vs going to petsmart, but it's all the same overbred for profit bullcrap.

Poor ratties :(
And I was one of these suckers. [emoji17] I got my 6 from Atlantis and then found this forum...(well I got my first 2, then joined and shortly after joining I went and got 4 more...) then noticed the information on Atlantis which made me return to her site to do my own math and I was appalled. I truly felt duped. I was misled with the facts from her own mouth and never stopped to consider how many rats she has out of sight upstairs...which she does keep because she brought out a male grown for comparison and a dwarf or two. The parents must be kept up there and she mentioned that she doesn't post all her litters as some are just for herself, I guess to see what she can get out of two thrown together. And she haunts forums and Facebook groups seeing what's being spoke of her. Anyhow...I'll stop here. I had really liked her and now...

Vlandina I totally hear you. That's why I needed to invent a king of the universe that could ban her from ever owning rats again.

And it's not like Atlantis has had only a few incredibly large litters. She has had 10 litters (that we know of) in June and July. This seems consistent with other months as well. I had strongly considered adopting from Atlantis myself. I could see red flags but I was confused because she has been ordering rats from Europe. I couldn't understand why a BYB would bother with shipping in rats. I guess she's just all about breeding as many rats in as many appealing colours, markings and varieties as possible. It's unfortunate too because even if she did bring new and rare kinds of rats no ethical breeder would ever be willing to work with her lines.

She produces about 90 babies in 1.5 months on average. Some are keepers but she rehomes her breeding adults and her failed keepers really fast so I don't consider that much in her numbers.

Works out to about 2 babies in a day or 60 babies a month.
x we'll say 10 months = 600 babies being pumped into a already overloaded market per year...that we know of.

She produces about 90 babies in 1.5 months on average. Some are keepers but she rehomes her breeding adults and her failed keepers really fast so I don't consider that much in her numbers.

Works out to about 2 babies in a day or 60 babies a month.
x we'll say 10 months = 600 babies being pumped into a already overloaded market per year...that we know of.

For the past 5 years. So 600 x 5= 3000 babies so far. These are babies that have not been socialized. That have been bred with no regard for health or temperament. That live in awful conditions at least while at the rattery.

Back