Fun set up for our cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

I thought I'd share how we set up our kids cage this clean up. We always have it different each time we clean the cage. It's good for the kids they love it. It's fun watchin them go explore.

The top
DSCF0045-3.jpg

The bottom
DSCF0046-8.jpg

Griffin- Is the cage clean can we go in?
griffin-1.jpg

Franka was in time out because she escapes lol It was to hard to clean the cage and keep an eye on where she was roaming so she got stuck in jail for a little bit
frankaintimeout.jpg

Their dinner
DSCF0047-6.jpg

They sure love this mix that Ang makes them. Blended up peas, corn, carrots and a few other things. We put a little olive oil in there too to keep them nice and soft. lol Emily has her paw on Griffin's head trying to push him away so she can eat first lol She's our Alpha.
myagriffinemilyjaneway.jpg

When they're getting apples make sure the seeds are removed completely.... it *looks* like there's seeds in there.

You guys find the best things to put in your cages. I love those yellow and green things, I forget what they are called. Also those box things for little kids, I used to have those when I was little but I can't find them anymore.

You guys find the best things to put in your cages. I love those yellow and green things, I forget what they are called. Also those box things for little kids, I used to have those when I was little but I can't find them anymore.

The sputnicks are the yelloe and green things. They love those. Best purchase ever!

I think this question was answered, but I am gonna ask anyway. You have a circular type of item in the cage, it is yellow or yellow/green and has little wings that you can clip it to the cage with. What are those and where did you get them? I am in the US and I cannot find much of anything for cage decor.

hyklyst said:
I think this question was answered, but I am gonna ask anyway. You have a circular type of item in the cage, it is yellow or yellow/green and has little wings that you can clip it to the cage with. What are those and where did you get them? I am in the US and I cannot find much of anything for cage decor.

They're called sputnicks. They're so awesome! The kids love them. We get them at global pet foods. I'm not sure where you would get them in the states. Could google it and see if it comes up with anything

Sputniks can be ordered on the internet, I've never seen them at a Global in my area, so they're not terribly easy to come by in North America.

Great cage, great setup and every single one of those pictures had me laughing. Funny, funny stuff. Gotta lovem :heart:

I really wish I could find somewhere in the states that carried the Sputnik. I found a UK company I can order from, but shipping is not so great!

Are the sputniks available in Canadian PetStores? If so, my fathers wife is Canadian and travels there about 4x a year. I may be able to get them from her. She is from Vancouver.

lindsayfawn said:
hyklyst said:

They're called sputnicks. They're so awesome! The kids love them. We get them at global pet foods. I'm not sure where you would get them in the states. Could google it and see if it comes up with anything

Be careful with them though as on another forum there have been a few threads of rats that have slept on them when attatched to the top of the cage and it breaking off and tearing their ears a bit :sad3:

Oh, I think that just made me reconsider trying to track down a sputnik. Thank you for the info. We definitely don't have as many amazing cage accessories here!

Back