freezer babies....babes are 4 weeks old!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soooo, the saga continues... Shel has SO graciously offered to help out by taking Marigold and Zinnia :bow:
Lavender is currently in a maternity cage, and the teeny wee Zinnia, is also now on watch....
I tried weighing her today, but it was a serioius FAIL as she's SO small, and squirmy...UGH
I will look for the weighing box i've kept with a lid and go back at it in a bit.
Lavender was her her kind of suspicious looking tummy self yesterday morning, we took Cole to visit some friends we haven't seen in a while for the day at their trailer and when I went to see all my babies lastnight, I discovered she had POPPED a huuuuge tennis ball sized tummy out!
So I quickly set up a mst. cage, and brought into the dining room for some peace and quiet. She's holding up fort inside her poptart box (I know, not exactly the best, but all I could find lastnight, and if she's happens to nudge it on to a baby, they won't be hurt by it) her eyes are half closed, and she's methodically breathing...
I also have Marigold on watch, but i'm now thinking perhaps i'm just paranoid at the fact that really, any of the 5 girls could pop out babies, at ANY time, they were always living with their bro's, so really, they day they were rescued, they could have got pregnant.... I haven't seen one of them in heat, but my other girls in the cages with them have had heat cycles.... so I think i've got a right to be a tad paranoid! lol

Lavender in her mat cage

Suspicious Zinnia belly...

Marigold has nipples, which I couldn't get a pic of for the life of me, but just a wee belly that sometimes you can see...

and wee Mouse, just because she's adorable!

Aww I hope they are not all pregnant and if they are for tiny litters! So glad that you have them instead of where they were.

Well here is mama to be.....
Lavender, she's SO sweet, still rather timid, but sweet natured.
She's building, and tearing down nest after nest.... Seems restless, she's in, then out, then on, then destroying her nest, then re building it.... and this has been going on since the wee hours of the morning...

Back