freezer babies....babes are 4 weeks old!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took the girls outside today, get some nice pics, and my other ratties LOVE it in the cool grass! These girls have probably never seen sunlight before, never ate fresh dandelion leaves, or foraged in the grass before! Well they did today. Some were braver than others, some came out, let me stroke them gently, while others needed to stay in the cage, which is safe.... :heart:
Lavender-

Lavender

Marigold

Marigold

Mousey wouldn't come out of her cage.... This wee girl has stolen my heart...

Zinnia

Zinnia

SnowDrop

Mousey and Marigold

SnowDrop

Zinnia

When I went back after a bit, I found this....
Snowdrop

Marigold

These wee babies need names also!
The 2 smeeze boys were named in chat lastnight, lol
Meep, and Peep... lol They are screamers, so I thought it suited them just fine!
Mousey is the littlest mink girl, but I was thinking of flowers.
So 4 girl names, and 3 boy names....

thanks to the many helpers I had on fb today!
The babies have names!
girls are
Mousey-Mink
SnowDrop-PEW
Marigold-wee banded girl, who's colour I can't quite figure out.... i'm thinking Fawn....
Zinnia- Black Hoodie
Lavender- Beige

Boys are
Klondike-black hoodie
Fudgecicle- black hoodie
Snickers- black hoodie
Meep- Himi
Peep-Himi

I will get individual pics to go beside names eventually....

henry's_mum said:
took the girls outside today, get some nice pics, and my other ratties LOVE it in the cool grass! These girls have probably never seen sunlight before, never ate fresh dandelion leaves, or foraged in the grass before! Well they did today. Some were braver than others, some came out, let me stroke them gently, while others needed to stay in the cage, which is safe.... :heart:
Lavender-

Lavender

Marigold

Marigold

Mousey wouldn't come out of her cage.... This wee girl has stolen my heart...

Zinnia

Zinnia

SnowDrop

Mousey and Marigold

SnowDrop

Zinnia

When I went back after a bit, I found this....
Snowdrop

Marigold

LOVE these pics!!! Snowdrop is so cute asleep down on the ramp!!!! :thud: :love6:

GREAT news! The babies were playing this morning!!! This is the first time i've seen this!
The girls continue to be more relaxed, and more outgoing, but the boys are certainly coming around!
On a less than great note, SnowDrop is looking more and more pregnant.....

We've been working on moving people to new cages, and shuffling cages around at HH.
Newman is now the proud leader of ALL the baby girls!
He was living with the last 4 babies that came in, and now he welcomed the freezer girls also! They share a dbl FN, and are LOVING life!
My Newman....

Newman says, any room for a burley manrat ladies???

Ruby is now playing mommy to the freezer babies...

henry's_mum said:

I am so happy you posted this here too! RPOM Nomination for sure!!!
Seconds???

So happy everyone is getting along and loving life again. So proud of Ruby to be mom of them too. How is Snowdrop looking?? Pregnancy scares gone?

Back