Franka had her tumor removed instead of Alice

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

Well we're supposed to have Alice's tumor removed on the 11th but we're not sure if she will be a candidate. She's lost a lot of weight and is very congested even though she's been on baytril. If she can't have it removed Franka will be getting hers done instead.
Alice our sweet girl wish her luck
100_2314.jpg

Her tumor has grown so fast. It just hangs off her 'cause she has lost so much weight. She was slim to begin with because she's a runner.
alicetumor-1.jpg

Well I dropped Alice and Franka off this morning. Alice was very congested this morning with lots of proph around her nose poor old girl. Dr.Gallon hasn't looked at them yet 'cause they had some emergency surgeries come in so they're going to call and let me know when she has looked at them and who will be going in.
I have a feeling it will be Frank and not Alice.

Just curious ... what type of tumours do the girls have?
Mammary tumours?

Poor Alice ..... she doesn't sound like a good candidate for surgery.
Hope the surgery goes well and both of your girls are soon feeling better.

Yeah both have a mammary tumor under their right arm pit. Alice is just hanging off her, she was skinny to start with, 'cause she's a runner, but the tumor I think really has taken a lot of weight from her.

The vet's office called and said that Alice is not a candidate...her lungs are just to full of congestion. Which I knew. She's been on and off baytril pretty much since the day we got her. So Franka is going in to have her tumor removed. Dr. Gallon is going to check her teeth for us as well.
I'm sure they're getting sick of me calling back every few hours lol with more questions and things....will be interesting to see how much this is going to all cost *sighs*

Oh Lindsay, I'm so sorry. :sad3:

I just responded to your post about Willow....I'd have to recommend that perhaps Alice might have heart issues too. Can you see about getting some lasix to help pull some of that fluid off her lungs, so she can feel a little better??

Yeah I'm going to ask Dr.Gallon about it when I go to pick up Franka and Alice. Leslie said that Dr.Gallon will want to put Alice on meds so I'll ask what she'll be putting her on and sugest the lasix.

Well Franka has her tumor removed which is good. But Dr.Gallon didn't spay her at the same time :doh: I didn't even think to ask about it because I guess I'm so used to Dr.Dunnett just knowing that's what we want. So hopefully the tumor doesn't come back. She's pretty active. I have her in a cage with Willow right now. I think I'll leave her in there for the night so she's not to active where the tumor was under the armpit, don't want her opening up the wound.
She also cut Franka's teeth the right way...though I dunno it still kinda looks like they're long. I'll have to have a good look when Ang is home so she can hold her.

Alice will be on the same dosage of baytril as Willow. Hopefully it will help her, I think it will 'cause the last time she was on it for a bit I noticed a big difference.

I didn't get a chance to ask her about the Lasix 'cause she wasn't around. So I have yet to meet the woman. They said they didn't find any lice on Alice or Franka so that's good. But I have to go back tomorrow to get the revolution 'cause they need to figure out a more cost effective way to give revolution to us for 21 ratties.

Even though they didn't find any lice on Franka or Alice I still want to treat them all just in case. I've noticed some of the girls itching a bit more then normal and the boys for sure have lice 'cause I saw one of the red buggers on them. So gross.

I think that's all I have to report lol It's been a crazy few days holy...I'm getting kinda tired driving back and forth from the vet. Hopefully tomorrow will be the last trip for a while till the next neuters.

yeah I hope Alice get's uncongested so she could have her tumor removed. It's quite large and just hangs off her arm, poor girl. She's such an active girl too VERY busy girl. But I can tell everything is affecting her 'cuase she'll come for cuddles and she never does that ever. You try to cuddle her before and she'd push up with her head so to get away lol
Her and Willow both are very particular girls when it comes to getting cuddles and luvins. Has to be on their terms.

Franka is doing amazing. We put her back in with the girls already because she didn't seem to happy in the hospital cage. She was moving around a lot anyways so she might as well do that with her sisters where she'll be happy. Her incision looks really good and doesn't seem to bother her at all. She was even using the wheel so that's a good sign.

Alice still sounds congested but she's not as loud as she was so that's good as well. She still has a bit of proph on her nose but she's still busy as ever. At least I finally got her to take her meds on her own instead of us having to shove it down her throat! She would not take anything from the syringe before even if it was just ensure! Stubborn girl. I had to put unsure in a syringe and leave her in the cage while she fought to get at it from the others. That was the only way to seem to teach her the syringe was good lol I think she figured that if the others were going nuts to get at it then it must be good lol
Makes our lives easier that she'll take it now :joy:

Back