Foster Rosencrantz-at his forever home!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with everything going on i'm sorry to say i forgot to update this thread when Rose went back for his recheck on the new meds on friday.

the new med, the shot, so far is inconclusive on results. rose has not gotten any worse but he hasn't gotten any better. it is suspected that the minor noise that is heard is scar tissue from his many recurring illnesses. he has his final check on that this coming friday, aug 29. personally i think it is just scar tissue. he plays hard and breathes fine. i cannot hear a whistle or crackle or any such noise with my naked ear. however, better safe then sorry so we will wait until after conformation on this suspicion before proceeding with the neuter. though again, i think rose is as healthy as he's ever going to be and is ready for it and will do well.

we decided to try the shot on magi, stewart and eyes though. so far i am experiencing encouraging results from magi and eyes, and mediocre results for stew. they have all improved with the shot, but stew, the worst off of the three has experienced the least improvement. stew is also 31 months old and has been fighting resp issues off and on for the last few months. he has improved but not as much as i would hope. his age and his serverity of illness compared to magi and eyes may be playing a significant part in that. i will keep everyone updated on their progress with this drug

dahlas: i still have not heard from your friend. i hope she is doing well.

I just spoke with her yesterday and she said she was very excited about Rose. I asked her if she had called you yet and she said not yet but she was planning on calling in the next few days......He will have a new home for sure. If for some reason Beth doesn't take him I will. I would love to have him....But I am sure Beth wants him and will be calling soon.

That's wonderful news, Dahlas! I'm so happy it's a sure thing for Rose to have such a home!

I just booked his neuter for this Tuesday tentatively, I have to run it by Raven to be sure it'd be a good time. Here's hoping he gets the all clear from the other vet so he can be done!

tuesday is actually perfect. school starts for the kid wednesday and me thursday so tuesday is perfect. i'll drop him off with chancey to keep him company in the morning

i'll have to verify with my uncle but would september 5th be ok to meet with you guys for pick up? this is the earliest that i can get him up there. he should be ok for travel by then where his operation is going to be tuesday. of course i still have to call my uncle and verify that he could transport at that time though and beth will have to give me a call before then of course too. i have rose listed as adopted, i don't think there will be any trouble there where you have vouched for her, are her friend and she has passed SQ's adoption application, but i want to touch base with her before i send rose up there.

just got back from rose's recheck again. dr alexander said that the noise was almost completely gone. she gave him another shot and said he was fine for his trip. so there will be 14 days worth of antibiotics in his system, 7 days still there when he gets to you. and like i suspected he is fine for his neuter, i am really impressed with this new medication.

stewart, magi and eyes go back wednesday for their recheck of being on the meds too. i think they will likely need a nother dose but they have all improved on the medication. i think eyes' head tilt is all cleared up and we are slowly weaning off the pred now. stew has not improved as much as magi but he is older and he was sicker and he has improved on the medication. magi is doing very well with this medication as well. i can still hear faint breathing sounds when i hold him to my ear but nothing from him if i don't hold him there. much better then when he was just on amoxil. and the drug is so easy to administer and so cheap! vet gives the dose and then you just love on them. no worries about having to be home at certain times or chances of forgetting to medicate on time. very happy with conventac! :bunnydance:

ETA: the brand name of the med is actually convenia (i was trying to spell it how it sounded to me before but got the vet to write it down) and the medical name is cefovecin sodium

ok, i was just on the phone with beth, very happy, very excited woman. i think rose will have a good home with her and be very spoiled! :mrgreen:

i have called my uncle but only got an answering machine so far. i left a message though so i should hear back from him soon. i am trying to make arrangements for rose to go up to halifax for sept 12, as beth is off then. i'll keep everyone posted as to the arrangements but i would consider rose officially adopted and merely awaiting final arrangements! :happydance: :bunnydance:

i just brought rose back from his neuter. not much to say about it. it was very routine, no complications at all. he's grouchy at me now but recovering fine.

still have not been able to get in touch with my uncle but the long weekend is just over and haven't tried yet today. he probably took the wife out to the cabin before the end of season and you don't turn your phone on when you take the wife out to the cabin for the long weekend. i will try to get in touch with him again tonight.

i just got off the phone with my uncle. he has been on vacation (which is why i couldn't get a hold of him on his regular number as its his cell phone that he uses for work mainly... ) and is on vacation until the 22. the soonest he can transport rose will be the 26. i tried calling beth to let her know but no one answered. i did give my uncle her number though so they can arrange meetings and times without a middleman screwing things up with miscommunication. he'll likely be calling closer to the 26th.

and i completely forgot until right now about the items you are saving for me vanessa... in anycase, he wouldn't be able to get them to me until the 22 at the earliest anyway... i will remember next time we are talking.

as for rose, he's still grouchy with me but was willing to help me eat my cookie this evening so i think i'm starting to be forgiven... he's doing fine though. just as adventerous as ever. i haven't had him out with the other boys in a bit since magi and stew have both been under the weather and chop suey has been loathe to leave his stewart's side much. but seeing as rose'll be here for a bit longer then expected and as both stew and magi are on the fast track to health again with the help of the convenia dosages it's looking like they will be able to have a few more playdates in the future. we will see if rose is quite as demanding of playtime from the other boys since the neuter then

I will tell Beth you called and relay the message to her. The 26th will be fine...If she is working I will arrange to come in and pick Rose up. My schedule is pretty flexible.
Hope he is feeling better soon....
I am sure he will love his little group of girls wants he gets to Beth’s house. I know they will 7lLove him. They love my boys when I take them for a visit.....

This is wonderful! It's always great to hear such a special sweetie is going to get his dream come true of a wonderful forever home! Tell Beth we DEMAND pictures and updates from time to time rofl!

Back