Foster neuters went well!! and I am falling.....PHOTOS

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

I took in Riana's younger boys this morning for their neuters. Just got home from the vet a while ago, and all went well! :joy: The boys are moving around well, eating a bit, and they hopped back into their cage. So they will probably be in good shape for the trip to SQ's..... BUT.....

I never thought to steel myself against getting attached to these boys. After all, I have always had girls (until Bill, but he was not planned). Trouble was, I have had Riana's dear boys since Saturday morning. :heart: :heart: She's raised them to be fine young manrats.

I am falling in love with them.... no, have fallen! :thud: They are sweet, and I've known them since they were terrified little rescues clinging to the bars of my Martins cage last fall.

They had been born in a little hamster cage that was on top of a snake tank. A cat regularly jumped onto the top of the tank to look in at the rats, and a very young child liked to shriek in that pitch so typical of kids that age. They would have been snake food for sure; that's what they had been bred for.

Anyway, I'll get to the point. In the last four days I became unexpectedly very attached to these dear boys, so I am going to adopt them as friends for Bill. :D

I'm sure that they will make fine friends for your girls too ... :D
:joy: :heart: :heart: :joy:

I still have seven of their sisters :heart: living here ...

tho their four brothers :heart: and two of their sisters :heart: did find good homes ...

Godmother said:
Anyway, I'll get to the point. In the last four days I became unexpectedly very attached to these dear boys, so I am going to adopt them as friends for Bill. :D

I actually didn't see that coming! That is wonderful news, and I bet everyone else will love them as much as you do.
:D

Yes, I am what Shelagh calls a "failed foster home". Out of the rats I've fostered, seven stayed with me. And that was when I was trying to resist! And when there were homes lined up in advance for many of the babies I'd fostered.

Lucky Bill and lucky you!!!
I think you did pretty good as a foster, you let these 2 out of your hands once, but when they showed back up again, you knew it was destined. :laugh4:

Weren't boys your original choice, then Corrie and friends showed up?

"Weren't boys your original choice, then Corrie and friends showed up?"

Yes, I had hoped to have "my" four boys: Andy, Lyman, Monroe & Adam. Fate intervened, in the forms of Edith and Rhonda and then Corrie and Nettie and their babies to foster, so I became the boys' godmother instead. I had wanted boys partly because I didn't want to go through the angst of nail-gnawing during spay days! And then I loved my girls so much that I decided to stick with girls. That didn't last too long!

Interestingly, Freyr looks very much like Lyman (black self) who was a wonderful ratty. Sweet temperament and very handsome. Lyman was the son of twitch's Spider. He died the day before Freyr & Loki were born.

hmm, i'm not much better. stewart was only SUPPOSED to be a foster.... as was serraphim and zen.... BUT i did good. i let ace, tory, vandike, boyo and jack all go through my fingers. and i have been preparing and steeling myself against rose and guild who will be coming to stay with me while they find themselves a nice home of their own on the 28th.

i'm very glad that freyr and loki found a home with you though. riana must be thrilled. :joy:

Well, I took some photos last night so that the boys could have a memento of their stupendous goolies :shock: They declined to pose with a full view (Riana raised them to be gentlemen, after all) but I got a couple of cute photos of them. Tonight they're looking rather subdued, and I don't have the heart to subject them to the camera.

Loki: Godmama, are you sure you won't reconsider???

Lokipleasereconsidercroppedresizedb.jpg

Loki looking very handsome:
LokiJessewithgooliescroppedresized.jpg

Loki and Freyr on the top of their temporary cage:

LokiFreyrJessieRonniewithgooliescro.jpg

:heart: :heart:
very handsome boys ...

As for Lyman, Andy, Monroe, & Adam ... I always considered them your boys,
they just lived with me, so were partly mine too.

Godmother said:

LOL! :thumbup: They are very sweet boys.

They are gorgeous!!! But yeah the guilt you feel over taking away their manrathood can be incredible even though you know its the only way, you still feel terrible. :cry4:

Back